• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

MMM 2020 - Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy - FINISHED

Flyingbabydoc

Hi friends,

Since I am in an helicopter mood, my entry to the campaign is the Amodel Kamov Ka-15 from the Soviet Navy in the 50's.

From Wikipedia:

"The Kamov Ka-15 (NATO reporting name Hen) was a Soviet two-seat utility helicopter with coaxial rotors which first flew on April 14, 1952 at the hands of test pilot D.K.Yefremov. It was the world's first mass-produced coaxial helicopter. State acceptance trials were completed in 1955, and the helicopter entered production the following year at aircraft factory No.99 in Ulan-Ude. It was a precursor to the Ka-18, and was fitted with the M-14 engine (helicopter version). It was primarily used for bush patrol, agricultural purposes and fishery control."

I think this is a small enough model to fit in the "micro" category.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Alex

h857f5bd_2020-03-09.jpg

h5713eea.jpg

h0f9a4f6.jpg

h509eb96.jpg

Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy

Hey Alex what a kool little project...a good one to try out some of the stuff we've been talking about.
:drinks

Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy

Thanks a lot dear friends

@Warren: quite right, they were weird but still ingenious - Kamov was the only one that got the coaxial Transmission right, quite an accomplishment in the 50's!
@Eric: Yes, I am gearing up for that - painting should be the first Trial of our "lessons".

This is the Progress. It is a very Basic model and I might add some things to spice it up a bit, like seat belts and an Instrument Panel. The Problem is that there is Little reference to go on.

In any case, my Progress so far:

hbfe196a.jpg

he07f942.jpg

hd9e68d5.jpg

h9e23b2b.jpg

h6257d80.jpg

h54a8837.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy

Looks good there Alex!! :good:

Hmmmm...it looks to me that there might be some dust trapped in the primer on the tail area. Take some 600+ fine grit sandpaper and see if you can knock them off. Also check the rest of kit while your at it just to be sure.

You got this!
:v

Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy

Thanks there master Eric

No worries everything is really "cleaned up" before I start painting. Can't wait to put in use all your tips and suggestions.

Here is the model so far, I am going to add some "ad hoc" PE just to stir up things a bit. This is really a cute Little bug!

Cheers

Alex

P.S. I am sorry the Images come out like this. I have tried everything possible, even asked Bob about it. Somehow my phone and the Computer refused to work well with each other.

ha9a95a5.jpg

hb602714.jpg

h015da74.jpg

h58edb02.jpg

MMM 2020 - Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy

cute, isn't it?

I will be adding some more photos later on today.

Thanks for watching

Cheers

Alex
:choppa

MMM 2020 - Kamov Ka-15 Soviet Navy

Well I think it is Dave. A Little big.

As promised, the painted model. @Errains: your suggestions are paying off big time. Thanks!

Cheers

Alex

hbba5adb.jpg

h8827bf4.jpg

h0338594.jpg

h2e6bd4d.jpg

h1176d8b.jpg

Hi friends,

Sorry I had to fast Forward this but I wanted to get it ready before March 31st and work is really picking up now. The Little bug is done, very nice Little model to assemble. Note that I have added a few PE seat belts and instruments just for kicks.

Soviet Navy choppers are always very heavily weathered so I got some oil flowing everywhere.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Alex

h0b3f944.jpg

h75a4448.jpg

hd09ef03.jpg

hc7fe9af.jpg

h76f64c0.jpg

h87ea4f0.jpg

h5e3e1b1.jpg

he8b1fe1.jpg

Back