• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Barney's P40

Barney

h26fbbad.jpg

hc79b66a.jpg

h2381942.jpg

Started this this morning... making steady progress. OOB, Going to be in RAF Egypt markings 73Sqdn, Rising Decals

I swear they were rightsize up when I took the pictures.

This is obviously an attempt to subvert my work. :yipee

I pulled it off on it's on thread Barney, good thing laptops are light weight, I can turn it upside down. :rotf

MMM 2020

hc79b66a_2020-03-25-2.jpg

h2381942_2020-03-25-2.jpg

h26fbbad_2020-03-25.jpg

I tried to post these late last night. For some unknown reason, they didn't. Not to worry

hc79b66a_2020-03-25-2.jpg

Doing it in 73Sqdn in Egypt colors. Academy decals are not my cup of tea... Curses... the darn pictures are screwy...

MMM 2020 ~ P-40E, 73Sqdn Egypt

I started this on the 24th.

h26fbbad_2020-03-27.jpg

And sped right along with the easy stuff

h12e7530.jpg

Then got it ready for paint

hf9ac4b9.JPG

and paint

h431b5b8.JPG

:frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic

My paint shaker broke last night! :frantic :frantic :frantic

My original shakers have arthritis in both thumbs, this is going to be fun!

Almost done.

Barney, have you opened your paint shaker? My (ancient) Robart shaker stopped a couple of weeks ago. The motor was running but no shaking going on. Opened it and the little arm under the bottle holder had slipped off. As it had a small hole up through the middle I found a screw put the parts back together and threaded the screw in.

Also there are paint shakers for nail polish that work the same, look a little different and cost about $20 instead of the $40 for a Robart.

hbc89e45.jpg

Almost there. Of course, not having assembled a 1/72 kit in years I am relearning past lessons. I only lost the gun site, 4 gear doors and didn't protect join surfaces like I should have... So, decals and glass and it is finished.

Oh, and the colors are not quite right, not by half. But that is the way the mop flops sometimes. Still this will be the first complete kit I have posted since I was laid off in 2010.

MMM 2020

very nice model Barney,

I cannot get the Pictures straight either. Somehow they are always crooked. Hopefully on the new site things will be different.

Cheers

Alex

hbc89e45.jpg

Almost there. Of course, not having assembled a 1/72 kit in years I am relearning past lessons. I only lost the gun site, 4 gear doors and didn't protect join surfaces like I should have... So, decals and glass and it is finished.

Oh, and the colors are not quite right, not by half. But that is the way the mop flops sometimes. Still this will be the first complete kit I have posted since I was laid off in 2010.
oooh nice australian bird mate

Actually the decals show more of an SA theme (orange ball in the roundel) verses Aussie. You'll see!

Back