• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Do we have a Trophy Case?

Duke Maddog

Yesterday I went with several of my friends down to San Diego for their Model Expo. I took only seven models again this time and was ribbed for it again. When asked "Why so few?" I simply told them I can't afford the "Deliduka surcharge". (this is when a model club charges for extra models beyond a certain number)

I did help judge and had a great time. When the dust settled though, I had won two comic books and two sets of Modelkasten 1/35th scale Panther tracks (one for early Panther and one for late Panther) in the raffle.

In the contest itself, they had a split: "Wheeled Vehicles 1/72 and Smaller" and Tracked Vehicles 1/72 and Smaller". I took a Third Place in each...

Third Place, Wheeled Vehicles, 1/72 Scale and Smaller: Mack Tank Transporter with FT-17 Tank.

San_Diego_2015_3d_Place_I.jpg

Third Place, Tracked Vehicles, 1/72 Scale and Smaller: JGSDF Type 10 MBT with Dozer Blade.

San_Diego_2015_3d_Place_II.jpg

Third Place, Space and Sci-Fi, All Scales and Types: Finemolds Y-wing Fighter.

San_Diego_2015_3d_Place_III.jpg

Competition was stiff, so winning these to me is a major, major accomplishment given the extreme talent I was up against. Not only that, but San Diego IPMS is very stringent on their judging; being as close to IPMS National standards as possible; making their contest one of the most challenging ones in Southern California next to Orangecon itself. This is cream on the already sweet experience of attending that show.

Anyway, I don't win often or much, so this is a big deal for me so I hope you all don't mind me popping this up.

I'll try to have more pics up later of the show and it's entries. I didn't get too many since my battery started running low two-thirds of the way through the show.

Wow! Thanks guys! These are all that more special since I was up against such stiff competition. I'm still amazed that I placed.

Thanks again guys!

Congratulations Mark well deserved third place when is better than no place way in which is what I have never placed at all in any contest see you down the road ... :drinks

Hey everyone! I just got back from the Ontario Minicon 2015. I am quite surprised and pleased to announce that I have placed today.

Here's my latest for the Trophy Case:

Third Place, Miscellaneous: Saturn V Rocket:

Ontario_Third_Place_Miscellaneous_2015.jpg

First Place, Armor, 1/48 and Smaller: Dora Rail Gun
Best Armor, Dora Railgun:

Ontario_First_and_Best_Armor_2015.jpg

I've got to admit, I've had a really good June. I only hope I can place at the IPMS Nationals next month.

Thanks guys for looking in.

Back