• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

One of our own just had a heart attack!

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
Alex De Leon just had a heart attack. He is in a hospital in San Antonio, Texas. He's been in the Intensive Care unit for four days as of today.

Alex posted on Facebook that he is not out of the woods yet, but he is still with us..

He posted: Heart attack, blood clots and blood thinner medicine, Oh My. Four days in ICU at Methodist Main Hospital, San Antonio Texas. This is what I get for 64 years of partying like a rock star. I am certainly not out of the woods yet. Lucky to be alive. The heart doctor, lung doctor, blood doctor, radiologist, internist and ICU nurses have been hovering around me for the past five days keeping me alive. My sister is here by my side, I will be out of pocket for awhile, and hope to update soon.

Alex needs your thoughts and prayers!

Really sorry to hear about Alex! At least he is holding in there, and hope he starts to mend and get back in the groove!

:zen :zen :zen :zen

ha18bfe6_2019-07-31.jpg

Dad please send Alex our best wishes and prayers. Get well soon! :drinks

Get well soon Alex! :zen

At least it sounds like he hasn't lost his sense of humor. That's a good in in dark times like this.

After five days in the Intensive Care Unit, Alex is finally out and in a normal room! I'll pass on further information as I get it.

Bob

We PMd Alex. Apparently, some confusion. The hospital told him he had a heart attack about a year ago that he didn't know about. This time he had a pulmonary embolism, a blood clot on the lungs. These are very dangerous and can do severe damage. He said he was out of the ICU but would have to have treatment for some time. He was given an option and he chose home care from his sister's house. He doesn't know how long he will be in the hospital. He believes he will be OK, that it will just take some time to undergo treatment.

Bob

Well the good news is they see what the problem is and how to treat it. Sending prayers :zen

I had that last year. After testing, they discovered I had a mutation that makes my blood tend to clot more and faster than normal. Thus I am now on meds to reduce that ability.

Glad to hear he is progressing and getting better.

Back