• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

John Bowrey

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
A long time modelers alliance member, John Bowrey, has been ill with several illnesses over the last two years.

John_Bowrey.jpg

Today, his son, Gary, called me and told me that John was just diagnosed with three cancers, one of them in his lungs and that was terminal. They haven't given the family a length of time but say there is no way to treat it and it is inoperable. John is a fantastic guy, him and his wife Maureen, have been friends of ours for many, many years.

His son, Gary told us that he is getting worse daily and is now in hospice.

As with so many of my modeling friends who have gone, John will be greatly missed. He was from England, served with the R.A.F. and came to America many years ago, met his wife here, also a Brit and they were married back in the 1960s. Here is a very old photograph of them back in the day!

john004edt_2_20101121_1753769926_copy.jpg

This is John in my museum the last time he visited. John was an incredible figure painter!

CIMG1701_copy.JPG

John and Maureen will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Bob and Susan.

Awful news, John has a very whimsical style to his work. Prayers and Peace to him and his family.

Well that sucks. John is such a great guy. Very sad to hear. A woman I used to work with just got told today her cancer surgery for today was canceled and maybe in the new year they could do it. Cancer sucks
:( James

Thanks for all the comments. I have forwarded them to John's wife Maureen. We had a few requests via email for a number to talk to John. I talked to both Maureen and Gary, his son this morning. Gary said that he sleeps 90% of the time now and even when he is awake, he is unaware of his surroundings and even his own family!

I'll update this thread when any changes occur.

Bob

Thanks for posting Bob. I am sorry to hear your friend is so ill. Hopefully he is at peace with what is going on since nothing can be done. Wish his wife and son well from us as I know it is difficult for them.

Bob, thanks for posting this. Please let his family know I'm praying for them and John. John was always so nice when posting on my Threads and I always appreciated his comments and insights. Give his family my best.

Sad news today. We got a letter from Maureen Bowrey. John passed away on December 12th, if was a few days before their 60th wedding anniversary.

I'll never forget John! Fantastic guy!

We sent her our thoughts and prayers.

:zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen

Bob

John is now at Peace. May God welcome him into His Kingdom, and may Maureen be at peace herself. It is sad knowing he's gone, and I pray for all his family and friends feeling his loss. He will always be here in our memories and thoughts.

Back