• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another victim

razordws

I have been putting off posting this for awhile as I am a fairly private person but I think the time has come.

As most of you know my wife had cancer and we spent the beginning of 2019 in Seattle's awesome Cancer care clinic. While the treatment was somewhat effective it only bought her some more time and she succumbed to her illness in June of last year after an almost 3 year battle.

I'm slowly getting back to modeling. Not that the desire hasn't been there but the hassle of all the paper work following her death and helping my 3 children (I have a 19 year old still at home) through the process has taken up most of my time. I am grateful that my 3 kids (and the two spouses) live close to home and we are able to gather weekly for dinner and games.

I have had a lot of support over the last few years and even being able to come to this site just to browse through all of your antics has been helpful. So thank you all you crazy cellar dwelling modelers.

I hope to be posting more soon.

It's good that you have a supporting family near. We are so very sorry for your loss. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Sorry for the loss. I lost my mother to cancer in '98, she was 58 years old. Both my brother and I were married - no kids, and I lived locally. It was hard on my Dad, but my wife and I kept him engaged. It has been 22 years and while it has gotten easier, it still can hit you outa the blue.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dave,I kind of know what you are going through.

I have lost my Anja three years ago.
The passion I had for all the things I like,including modelling, seem to have dramaticly vanished.
It takes time to get back and to find the enthousiasme again.

You are not alone in this. Wishing you a lot of strenght. :love

Ron.

We are saddened by this news.
I will do my part to keep the model silliness and horrible puns coming.

This is from the Heart for you and your family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgeMHHbFslk

My Peace be upon your House.

Very sorry for your loss...I lost my dad to the wicked cancer in 2003 and it's wicked in all ways. Sending you peace and good thoughts :(

I'm sorry for your family's loss. Time heals things but they never go back to how it was. you have friends here, even if only virtual.

Regards,

Dave I'm so sorry to read this. Sounds like you and your bride did a great job raising your family.
You have my deepest condolences.

Very sorry to hear this Dave. It sounds like you and your family are doing the right things to try and heal from this I'm glad to hear that everyone is close for that support.

My condolences.

This is very sad news, Dave and I feel burdened for your loss. I cant begin to imagine what it is like to loose half of your life like that. The one thing that I see that is positive in your favor is the strength of your children and their spouses.

I, for one, am waiting for your return.

Dave, I am terribly sorry to hear this. May your family's healing begin though I know the loss will always be felt.

Sorry to hear this, I lost the love of my life over ten years ago but it sometimes still seems like yesterday. I tried a number of time the first year to get back to the bench but couldn't do it. Good that you have your family close, try to keep the memories of the good times at the forefront !

Dave, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my second wife over 17 years ago. We had been married only 2 years at her passing. That whole 2 years was a battle with health problems that came from nowhere. It is difficult, but things do get better. You will never forget, but the pain fades and the good memories become what you remember the most.

I am glad that you are still looking in on us crazy guys and our shenanigans. We are still here and do care about our fellows here. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Back