• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New toy to push my over the edge.

ausf

Master at Arms
I decided 1/35 was just too large, so I got me one of these:

hd6f23e0.jpg

I admit, it's a bit insane.

I got started with an easy project, like a 1/72 U boat crewman yelling 'Alarm!'. The micrometer behind it is set to 2mm. It's one of those 'take a deep breather and hold it' type of adventures. Still needs work, but you get the idea.

I can't get a good photo of it, there is eye detail in their somewhere. At least I can see it in the scope.

The hardest part is making tools to work at this side. I have ground stainless tools down to a thinness where they bend like foil, but it still looks like a baseball bat under magnification. A needle looks like an ICBM coming into frame.

h22bb113.jpg

This through the eyepiece with the lowest magnification, but it doesn't reflect what I actually see while working. The scope ha a camera port, but I need to get a special camera (or adapter) for it. When working on it, the face fills the entire view.

hd12acac.jpg

I do believe you will end up crawling inside your navel at this rate. Or saying hello to Racquel.

Back