• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

For IronMike-but you can look too if your noisy

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
I wouldn't plan to spending any more then $150.00. I just want to Amazon because I'm lazy that way :blush:

Here is one just like my current Compressor

This one looks interesting too Compressor II

Here is a "Badger" one just outside my price point....but might be good too Badger Compressor

Came across this "Rechargeable Handheld Mini Air Compressor"...Don't know anything about them but should be quiet and compact.

Hope this gets the ball rolling for ya. If I was getting a new compressor these are the one I would look at.

Good Luck
:v

Thanks, Eric! That first one is what I had been looking at, still haven't "pulled the trigger". :laugh:

Too bad they don't have a decibel reading on the specs. I wonder if the enclosure on the badger helps reduce the noise?

I am not recommending any brand but in you search , the key words are ultra quiet .

Cheers, Christian B)

The one I'm looking at claims 47db, most of what I've looked at is 55db or less.

Ultra quiet costs lots of dough!

My SmartJet might be pricey compared to others, but I think the rushing of air through the brush is louder than the comp. At least with I don't remember ever hearing it except when turning it on.

I wish I had it years ago, my sons' bunkbeds were directly under my spraybooth, so using the Badger was out of the question after 8PM. Now that I have the SmartJet, theres only one bedroom under it and I could give a rat's arse whether it would disturb an 18 year old, even if he was there, which he's not. If that sounds callous, I invite you over when they are here and come home at 4AM on a weeknight and decide it's good time to play with the dog.

I have a compressor very much like the "Compressor II". I can tell you it is VERY quiet and since it has the 2 pistons it pumps up quite rapidly. I would recommend that for a number of reasons. I took it to Wonderfest for a class and mine was one of the quietest in the room of 15.

Back