• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Now this is macro!

ausf

Master at Arms
Got an adapter ring to mate the Rebel to the microscope.

Messing around with an iris in 1/35. Still need to define the eye with an upper and lower lid, but the tough part is done.

hf2f3f82.jpg

Seriously!!! I just painted up my first ever figure today and was all like..."hay this turned out not so bad."...and then I see this... :bang head

I just threw my figure back in the drawer... :rotf

Now on to the next challenge Jeff: make a small "glassy", whitish dot insite the Iris and now your model has Cataract in the eye!

Amazing.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks all.

Paul, it's a 7X-45X Zoom Inspection scope. Pretty damn handy bit gear for basically the price of a few kits.

Yes those do work quite well Jeff. I have a stereo microscpe that can zoom 10-45, or 20-90 if I put in the 20x eyepeices. I used it to place the little PE diamond reinforcements in my 1/72 Airfix Do17Z. The PE flaps had dozens of these little parts to go on the intersections of the ribbing. I couldn't see them well enough even with a high power loupe to get it done. Turnd to the microscpe and it was easy peasy.

Yep.

Look at this 1/35 old DML PE Iron Cross.

I never noticed the '1939' before, even using the Zeiss head loupe.

hcd7ba29.JPG

Wow Paul, that's amazing.

I discounted using the Resistance solderer with the microscope because I mounted the scope at one end of the bench with foot activated vacuum, but my vent for soldering is at the other. I could always move the scope I guess, but I'm set up with a 'clean' end for the scope and painting and the 'dirty' end with vent, drill, saw, Foredom, etc.

Seeing stuff that small would do me no good at all as I would never be able to manipulate it with my shaky old hands :eek:ldguy

I handle parts like these every day. You lean how and it takes practice. The biggest part of that is being able to see them.

Some watch screws on top of a US Dime
h84f2651.jpg

My Borg look when working on watches.
h173470d.jpg

Work has gotten slow and there were only a couple of jobs in the in box so I have taken a couple of days off. Going to clean on the cluttered house and work on models.

Back