• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Google Meets/Hangouts

Jeeves

Hey everyone....

So it's been a period of more bummer moments than not these days...some of my favorite contests cancelled and usually model group meetings as well. As of late, including tonight, my local groups have been hunkering down in front of their phones or laptops, building and shooting the breeze together. Things have gone pretty smoothly overall and again, we get to build together and laugh lots.

I'm just curious if there is any interest in getting something similar started here. If you're camera shy, you can always turn the camera around and focus on the project instead...which makes more sense anyways. Think of it as chat, but in real time...

I’m sure I would play. But I think Zoom is a better platform, the only down side is a time limit.

If someone pays the $15 monthly fee to Zoom to be the host, up to 100 people can meet for 24 hours. I use it for one of the R/C clubs I belong to, and will probably start using it for another.

Might be interested pending timing. Might be kinda tough for me though being on the left coast.

Maybe we should start a poll when the new site is up and running and get some feedback on best times...although I'm up to all hours so I could even make it work with someone from Oz or anywhere really ;)

I like the sound of it. I starve for model-fun interaction. My on-line model show Idea was dunned by my club.

B) Sounds like a great idea. The time thing would normally be a problem but I am home at present in lockdown so it could actually be achievable.

Ian.

I have entertained the same idea. Years ago I did that with some people that built and painted gaming pieces. Was entertaining and I could probably squeeze my tablet in on my bench. As I am off for at least another couple of weeks, I can probably join in at about any time. I tend to be a night owl and if I don't watch it I can end up in a 30 hour day cycle. ( yeah it gets weird :huh: )

Back