• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Review New (not yet released) 1/48 Tamiya P-38 F/G

Heavens Eagle

Guys here is a scoop from the nationals! With registration we each got 1 chance to buy the "NEW NOT YET RELEASED" P-38 F/G kit from Tamiya! I got lucky and my number was picked today and I was able to pick up the "white box" kit for $50. (yeah still had to pay for it) I think Tamiya donated 200 kits to the hosting club to sell and help offset expenses. The club decided to give everyone that registered a chance so it isn't first come gets it everyone that registered has an even chance if they wanted it.

So this is going to be a quick and dirty review from my hotel room. :D

h65b1ee8.jpg

Gotta run dinner with Bob L and his wife. Be back in a bit with all the pics.

Dinner was great and had a long visit, so now on with the post.

All the sprues are very fine and relatively thin. All the expected quality we have come to expect from Tamiya.

h8400bbb.jpg

h6eedf8a.jpg

hd5ec128.jpg

h82e094a.jpg

hce77555.jpg

h758836d.jpg

h1eacb53.jpg

ha0ddbd6.jpg

hd369655.jpg

hdc539b3.jpg

Finally, For Saul, Sharkteeth :D (y)

h84b1776.jpg

Sorry for the semi crude photos but I had to make do with my tablet camera and cropping the photos with a VERY basic background to get the photos to post.

This looks like it is going to be another top end must have from Tamiya.

Thanks Bob! I had to jump through some hoops with my tablet to get the photos to post. Not too bad using a black plastic bag for a background.

Yeah we're not mobile friendly, sorry.

Looks like a nice kit. :popcorn

My tablet works well enough, (have a keyboard for it) but it can't handle editing 24M pixel photos. As it was I had to crop the ones I posted to get the size down. Usually when I edit them they are a really nice size for posting on the site.

If anyone really wants a pic of something I can use my phone, copy it to the tablet, crop it and post it. Like "maybe" HK's new "mystery" kit supposedly due in today.

I use Photo and Picture Resizer app for Android and they post pretty easily from my phone...

Thanks for the info Mike, but too much to do and (after figuring out something new on the new camera) there are 368 photos so far on the cam and it still says my big gigabyte card has room for more than 1k more photos.

I think I will wait till Sunday to start in on this mess.

Back