• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Miniart Avro Rota Mk1

jknaus

Administrator
hfa67d9d.jpg

Well a week late but here we go. I recently got the Miniart Avro Rota Mk1 in 1/35 scale and what a beaut. First for those not aware of this aircraft its an Autogyro using both a 2 bladed prop for forward motion and a 3 bladed rotor for lift. Powered by a 105 hp (78 kW) Armstrong Siddeley Genet Major I engine. The aircraft was used by a number of countries and it looks like there will be multiple versions of this kit. For more info check here.
Rather than pics of the instructions you can see them here.
The The model is small of course the real thing being small. The parts are crisp and very detailed. Any ejection marks seem to be in none noticeable places. As with most Miniart kits I have there are a number of very small and very fine parts. It will require very careful removal of the parts so as not to break anything. A really good pair of nippers will really help followed by a sharp knife and careful handling. Unfortunately one of the landing gear on my kit had a broken rod. I think I may try replacing it with brass rod for strength. There are 4 markings with one in silver doping, one cammed as per the RAF standard but with the training yellow on it. That one really appeals to me. Then two cammed which were used for Radar tuning. That would be interesting also. The engine is very nice and I started mine just to see how well the fins matched up. Perfect. I was really pleased to see that. One cool feature are PE flanges on the intake and exhaust pipes. Those should really look good. Somke pics of the parts and some from Miniarts site with 3d and markings.

h26e6c40.JPG

Here you can see the broken piece and what it should look like.

he6ac021.jpg

hf6c9a52.JPG

hae35ab8.JPG

h3142259.JPG

h638f513.JPG

A sample of the instructions. Clear and concise.

h6036715.JPG

hb71f048.jpg

h8f5c2ce.jpg

hc1829a0.jpg

he4cb285.jpg

he9fb184.jpg

h8c2a091.jpg

I highly recommend this kit to all who enjoy aircraft and those looking for something different. It would look good with a British truck beside it. For those worried about space you have the option of building the rotor blades folded.
Thanks to my wallet for a fantastic kit.
James

Thanks for the review James. I have not yet built one, but I am very impressed by Miniart’s kits!

Mike

Great James!...very nice !...I´m doing now a Kolibri, one of the first military helicopters of the world from
Miniart!...a geat kit too...soon I´ll be post in our forum!

Cheers!

Luiz

Thanks James, looks nice, unfortunate about the broke part, looks like it's molded on a bind. Little brass rod should fix it up.

I wrote to Miniart to ask how I can get a new sprue and pointed top the review. Received an email really quick asking for my address so they can send the new sprue. Fantastic service from them. Hopefully I can get some more done before the sprue is required. Then onto a T-60 I just got. Miniart make some very cool stuff.
James

Back