• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"PILOTS AND THEIR PLANES" CAMPAIGN

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Any pilot and their plane. Any scale. Pick a Pilot(real) and the plane they flew.

What you think?

h5f567c2.jpg

B)

No figure? Go figure. Kind of defeats the purpose of the title 'Pilots AND their planes". Seems to me that there should be some sort of figure with the display, it could be a different scale or a bust Of course a photo of the pilot would be required as well.

WNW is coming out with 4 kits soon that will have the pilot figures with them and I already have 2 kits that have pilot figures with them. WWI Bolecke with Albatros and the Hasegawa kit with the FW190, little red car and the pilot (can't think of his name right now.

No figure? Go figure. Kind of defeats the purpose of the title 'Pilots AND their planes". Seems to me that there should be some sort of figure with the display, it could be a different scale or a bust Of course a photo of the pilot would be required as well.

WNW is coming out with 4 kits soon that will have the pilot figures with them and I already have 2 kits that have pilot figures with them. WWI Bolecke with Albatros and the Hasegawa kit with the FW190, little red car and the pilot (can't think of his name right now.

Just trying to keep it simple for those that don't do figures, but do what ever you want.

:pilot

I’d need help I think, the only pilots and planes I know of are the fighter aces.... and Rudel. Maybe Chesley “Sully” Sullenbergers A-320.... ok, yes, your right there is potential here!

Maybe Chesley “Sully” Sullenbergers A-320.... ok, yes, your right there is potential here!

BAMN! Great idea.

That aircraft is actually at a museum near us up in Charlotte NC.

Chris that's a great idea, catches the spirit right off. :good:

I am thinking something along the lines of this.

hb03b81c.jpg

It is a reboxed RODAN kit and after doing the little D.I a short while ago this shouldn't be a big deal.

I’ve built that kit, it’s great but the landing gear is really weak where the axle attaches!
I think that’s the only bad point...

On my 1/48th Eduard kit I replaced the axle and crossmember with brass rod then wrapped some annealed steel wire for the bungee cord. Worked quite well and that was a smaller kit.

h0795ab9.jpg

Think I'll head down this road... maybe not the same machine, but you get the idea.

Ian.

Back