• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Capt. Freddie Ohr - P-51D 'Marie' **DONE**

ij001

Another Tamiya kit, more Eduard etch Ultracast resin seat and this time Superscale decals:

h0485c10.jpg

Can't remember the last time I built a bubble-top P-51, it was certainly more than six years ago, but I reckon I still remember how !

Ian.

Capt. Freddie Ohr - P-51D 'Marie'

Off we go...

h09abb14.jpg

h2bdd3f9.jpg

hf51b863.jpg

h454d91f.jpg

h0826d9d.jpg

h19f1851.jpg

Spring is here, temps were in the very high teens (US = mid sixties) and here in NZ it's 'Labour Weekend' so we've got tomorrow (Monday) off work. After my watch this morning, got a couple of hours at the bench and this happened. Maybe more tomorrow if I can.

As ever feel free to comment, criticise or ask a question.

AFN

Ian.

Great job done in the pit...the IP is fantastic!...following with full atention :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

Nice start Ian, did you get a proper startup photo?

Ian Hill is sponsoring this Campaign so we have to enforce the rules on this one.

Nice start Ian, did you get a proper startup photo? Ian Hill is sponsoring this Campaign so we have to enforce the rules on this one.

h0485c10_2018-10-21.jpg

Only this one that I took & posted on the 13th of September (at the top of this thread) but it doesn't have a date-stamp, Bob. Will it suffice ??

Ian.

You got another place holder on this campaign so make sure you get a good time stamp photo there, got a year Buddy, plenty of time. :popcorn

You got another place holder on this campaign so make sure you get a good time stamp photo there, got a year Buddy, plenty of time. :popcorn

Cheers, boss, appreciate the trust :v - Whilst we're talkin' 'bout other builds for this Campaign, after checking the stash yet again, I found a third Tamiya kit that I can build... and almost certainly not one that would immediately spring-to-mind.

Ok on with todays' progress (I mentioned it's a public holiday here), and the fuselage halves are now buttoned-up and lower wings added:

h414a3c5.jpg

ha607676.jpg

h5c84909.jpg

More progress through the week hopefully.

Ian.

...why yes, now that you mention it, it is quite a bright wee thing ! :coolio

hf45f84a.jpg

hc5cca22.jpg

hc3305f7.jpg

Tamiya acrylics thinned about 60/40 straight from the jars.

Ian.

That is some quick progress Ian! Now please remove the batteries so I can check out that paintwork! :tomato

Ok Mike it says S A F E now, so go ahead - and while you're at it, see if you can spot the deliberate mistake... :unsure:

Ian.

Primed using Rustoleum Dark Grey straight from the rattle-can. Takes longer to cure and is not nearly as fine as Tamiya primer but is a LOT cheaper here in NZ.

h898fd0d.jpg

h88fa95b.jpg

Next I'll spray and mask the wheel wells, followed by the (painted Aluminium) wings, will leave the NMF until last. Yet another busy Spring weekend for me so probably nothing will get done before next week.

AFN

Ian.

Primed using Rustoleum Dark Grey straight from the rattle-can. Takes longer to cure and is not nearly as fine as Tamiya primer but is a LOT cheaper here in NZ.

h898fd0d.jpg

h88fa95b.jpg

Next I'll spray and mask the wheel wells, followed by the (painted Aluminium) wings, will leave the NMF until last. Yet another busy Spring weekend for me so probably nothing will get done before next week.

AFN

Ian.
Where did the lovely bright colors go?

Back