• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Obit. Oskar Romm with Fw190D-9

tom1815

This is my entry if I can get the Dolphin finished, the pilot is Oskar Romm whilst flying with JG3 in his Fw190 D9.
Heres the fellow:

ha5c68aa.jpg

His plane:

he09229d.jpg

Start up picture for campaign:

h0e51511.jpg

h1037952.jpg

I will be using the 1/32 Hasagawa Fw190 D-9 for this project with some Eduard etch and fabric seatbelts :pilot

A little help, I have found to different picture plates of the aircraft I want to model:

Plate 1 shows a two tone cammo pattern over the sky blue which tallies with the hasagawa instructions:

h32ba392.jpg

Now plate 2 just has a single color over the sky blue:

h55a4e7a.jpg

It's possible the same airframe could have been painted differently through the war years but what do you guys think?

Unless you can find a photo of the plane in question all bets are off, between dispersed production and painting done at squadron level it's anybodies guess. Good thing is that it is unlikely anyone can prove you are wrong no matter how you paint it.

Ah - The Dora is one of my favorites! I'm saving my kit for the "Just Plane Big" campaign. :yipee

I would go with the two tone camo scheme, that's how the Doras left the factory. But its your kit, so up to you either way.

:popcorn

Agreed, two tone camo would be my 'go-to', but which combination would be 'up for grabs':

hf1a9649_2018-10-02.jpg

h41fbdf1_2018-10-02.jpg

I built this Ta152C last year, even though it's a 'What If' the colours are one of the factory schemes, late war 81 Braunviolet, 82 Lichtgrun & 83 Dunkelgrun over 76 Lichtblau (the 82 'light green' could easily be swapped-out for RLM 75 Grauviolet and the 81 Braunviolet was a very rare colour on 190's like yours).

HTH

Ian.

I am with Ian ,A two tone camo would be my choice.

WAPYjFu.png

:eek:ldguy all the profiles are artist impressions

Thanks for the advice guys, I have never painted a mottled cammo scheme before and in this scale it's important to get it right

Thank you for the kind words guys, the kit is a joy to work with so far. Had a go at riveting yesterday which was ok but I so need more practice :pilot

Back