• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1st Lt. Nakatani Takesada's Babs

sharkman

Master at Arms
So, I said I would join in this campaign and now that I'm back from sea I can!

I had a few others picked out for this but just got this new Fine Molds kit in August and have been itching to build it. I was hoping to find a pilot for it and I did on the Arawasi site.

It will be 1st Lt. Nakatani Takesada's Ki-15. He and his observer, 1st Lt. Fujimori Akira were intercepted by a British Hawker Hurricane while on a mission and got shot up pretty bad. They managed to return to base in Moulmein and upon arrival, the ground crew counted 119 bullet hits, Nakatani took 4 to his right arm. More info and a few ref photos here:

http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.com/2015/08/mitsubishi-ki-15-ii-8th-sentai.html

h76734f7.jpg

This kit is a beauty and the fit is quite good! Most of the parts are dedicated to the interior and the engine. One of the neat features is they included the side ribbing as separate parts

h7144d67.jpg

h5305cd8.jpg

i started painting the interior already

h91c42f7.jpg

Fine Molds is going to be releasing a few more versions of the Ki-15 so they made the molds to accommodate the differences. the tail is separate from the body and the cowls will be different on different versions.

h6a675a3.jpg

it's a well built and sturdy kit. there's a nice wing spar included for support for the wing.

hbbc6e95.jpg

all for now

The pit looks pretty cool with the ribbing like that. (y) :popcorn

Tag any Great White sharks while you were at sea? Heard something on the news and wondered if you were involved.

Tag any Great White sharks while you were at sea? Heard something on the news and wondered if you were involved.

We did Dave! Our group tagged the first white shark ever in Canadian waters two weeks ago. We have been tagging white sharks for the last 2 years with a total of 7 tagged altogether now but most of them were tagged off Cape Cod in the US with our American collaborators. I helped prepare for that trip to tag the whites but i wasn't actually on board for that trip as I was further off shore tagging mako sharks. We caught 26 and I tagged 7 in total.

We did Dave! Our group tagged the first white shark ever in Canadian waters two weeks ago. We have been tagging white sharks for the last 2 years with a total of 7 tagged altogether now but most of them were tagged off Cape Cod in the US with our American collaborators. I helped prepare for that trip to tag the whites but i wasn't actually on board for that trip as I was further off shore tagging mako sharks. We caught 26 and I tagged 7 in total.
if you guys are going to be getting great whites you should really come and do some research on them here at shark city hehehe

if you guys are going to be getting great whites you should really come and do some research on them here at shark city hehehe

And a bigger boat. :woohoo:

Back