• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pilots and Planes Sponsor

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
We've had someone contact us about sponsoring this campaign, just working out the details with them. Make sure you get a proper time stamped startup photo, this is official now. :pilot

Interesting! I don't think I have ever been around when there was a live sponsor on a build. Going to have to get my 222 finished up.

I know he's busy so I'll let you know.

Ian Hill will donate one of his paintings to the build he thinks is the best. I'm not sure which art work, I'll let him tell it.

Ian will be the judge on who wins.

Thank you Ian!

So you guys go out and do that voo doo that you doo so well! :popcorn

G'day MA,
having just finished a new plane set around a specific pilot, I thought it would be a good opportunity to make print N01 available as a special prize to the campaign about pilots and their planes. Also as a master it enables me put something back into this freindly community when my modelling is a bit quiet.

I won't change any of the set rules of this campaign, I will be just choosing my favourite ...not the best technically, not the most worked on , just the one that I like the best.
I will also clearly state upfront that I like all kinds of planes , not just German ones.
I would also like to read a little about the plane a pilot so research info will also count, as well as why you picked this particular plane /pilot and what appealed to you to make you want to build it.
Most of you should know me by now, so that you know I like a well finished model with something special in it that catches the eye, so good luck and let the games begin! :frantic :coolio

By the time the campaign is finished ther may well be some additional planes to choose from but this is the only one ready at present
graf_me109_G6_Specialweb.jpg

Here is my completed Me 109 G6, one of a few flown by Herman Graf in Autumn 1943 in Defence of the Reich.The B17's are illustrations as well and are derived from the landscape painting. I thought it was a nice touch to bring them in to this technical ISO projection profile and fade them as a background feature without them overpowering the 109.
For more background on this artwork please refer to my Brokeneagle's Paintings post here
https://modelersalliance.org/forum/ian-hill/94443-brokeneagle-s-paintings?start=360

Just an update on the artwork prize. The artwork has had a bit of an update....the version is now the complete white tail WN 15913.
I had previously based my art on the white rudder version that i had seen on the net with the main ref being a Watanabe profile from the 1980's with the rocket pods/ gun pods. After further research it seems that there are a number of variations and WN's so it gets quite confusing with no real confirmation as to which is correct, or if all tail variations are correct. I chose the full white tail for this work number as it seemed to me to have the most supporting evidence.

Ian.
graf_me109_G6_Specialv4wt.jpg

Back