• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 P-51D Mustang

tom1815

Ok Ive had a few modelling screw ups just lately so im trying with this build to get my mojo back so to speak.
For the build im using the new Airfix P-51D in 1/48 scale with a couple of extras. I plan on doing the 'Little Indian' scheme as flown by Lt. Harold Hettema, sadly i didnt find out very much about Lt. Hettema, perhaps someone here knows more about him.
hec8b892.jpg

h1b7c3d7.jpg

ha0fd3e3.jpg

A little progress in the front office, im not going crazy on this as the canopy is going to be closed but Airfix does supply a few decals to brighten it up a bit.

h9296696.jpg

hb97e6a5.jpg

h11765e4.jpg

Nice job :good: Nice info on the seats :D

It seems yo be the norm for foreign manufacturers to call seats as ejection seats irregardless .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, you satiated the urge to start the kit as I built it through you! :D I blame Moon Puppy who had me testing the Brass In set onto the Airfix kit.

Regards,

Back