• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wonderfest photos batch 4 posted, "The Last Batch"

Heavens Eagle

It is this coming weekend June 1-2-3. It is The big Sci-Fi figure and models convention held in Louisville every year. I am pondering making the 6 hour drive up from Memphis to see it.

Anyone else going?

==================================================

Made a long day trip of it. For a teaser scroll down to #3.

Anyone going to Wonderfest in Louisville KY ?

I left Memphis at 4am as planned (for a change). Went with the traffic flow and flew to Louisville, made good time going and made it there shortly after 10am eastern time.

This is not a small show! It is a 2 day show Saturday and Sunday with some pre-show build and paint shops on Friday. Aaron Skinner was there taking a lot of photos so you know this isn't a little show.

The dealers room is a slightly smaller specialized version of the IPMS Nationals dealer room from last year. It is mostly about figures and SciFi and there were plenty to be had. There were seminars about garage and resin kits, painting, building, adding electronics and lighting. In addition there were some special guests from film and TV shows as well as props from a number of said shows.

While there were a lot of interesting and nice builds in the show room, I found that there were painted up kits in the dealer rooms and info and demos were being done all through the day. I can see where it could be quite fun going for the full show though right after 5 everything downstairs pretty much shut down. I didn't go up to any of the stuff upstairs, maybe next year.

I now have about 200 photos to weed through and edit so give me a couple of days and I will start posting the show pics as well as the few things I picked up while I was up there.

Here are some teasers:
The new 1/350 scale Klingon K'Tinga prototype (with lights) it is right at 24 inches long

hee3be1a.jpg

This is a brand new figure put out by GarageKitsUSAColor Every one of these large resin figures at the show was quite pricey. This one goes for a hefty $295. The whole thing is 18.5 inches tall with a 9 inch dia base. A lot of quality resin

h5000435.jpg

One last teaser This is also a prototype kit. 1/96th scale 1600mm or 63 inches long. If your Polar Lights kit just isn't going to be big enough, this one will be coming in from Japan with a hefty price I am sure.

h6c80d80_2018-06-03.jpg

I went to Wonderfest in Louisville KY

OK everyone, here is the first installment. I took around 200 photos. Some were doubles, some were fuzzy or not worth keeping. That means that there are still a bunch that will be worth posting. Of course (unfortunately) you are at my whim as to what I photographed but this should give a decent idea of what was there.

Enjoy.

WF-2018-001.jpg

WF-2018-002.jpg

WF-2018-003.jpg

WF-2018-004.jpg

WF-2018-005.jpg

WF-2018-006.jpg

WF-2018-007.jpg

WF-2018-008.jpg

WF-2018-009.jpg

WF-2018-010.jpg

To be continued...

I went to Wonderfest in Louisville KY

Part 3

WF-2018-021.jpg

WF-2018-022.jpg

WF-2018-023.jpg

WF-2018-024.jpg

WF-2018-025.jpg

WF-2018-026.jpg

WF-2018-027.jpg

WF-2018-028.jpg

WF-2018-029.jpg

WF-2018-030.jpg

That's all for tonight, there is still a LOT more to go. More will be posted later within a day or so at the latest.

Wonderfest photos first batch posted.

Thanks for looking in Luiz. Like I said not done yet, have another batch of 30 to post tomorrow, and there will be a fair amount more after that.
I am also saving the best (In my opinion) for last.
smile.gif

Looks like quite a show Paul- but there was some cool cosplayers as well? I would love to see someone do a Firefly class Serenity ship...

Looks like it was very Sci Fi show, great pictures, thanks. (y)

Nice, I'm glad you made the trip.

It's great to see pics of the Discovery, Moebius is supposed to be selling it (not producing it) but there should be others selling it too. I know that was the prototype, but any idea if the kit will be styrene?

I'm also glad they went with the correct window arrangement and opening. The 1/144 Moebius kit chose to go with the design from 2010.

Looks like quite a show Paul- but there was some cool cosplayers as well? I would love to see someone do a Firefly class Serenity ship...

I only saw less than a handful. One was in a Stormtrooper outfit, the others just weren't worth snapping pics of. Maybe they came out after the show shut downstairs. At 5 they rolled up the sidewalk so to speak and the show went away. I was tired and left at that point.

Nice, I'm glad you made the trip.

It's great to see pics of the Discovery, Moebius is supposed to be selling it (not producing it) but there should be others selling it too. I know that was the prototype, but any idea if the kit will be styrene?

I'm also glad they went with the correct window arrangement and opening. The 1/144 Moebius kit chose to go with the design from 2010.

Here is a pic of the placard which explains what is supposedly planned. Not sure if the #3 option is a kit or not.

hfb42b21.jpg

Ok here is a little closer look at the options

h65066eb.jpg

Wonderfest photos batch #2 posted

Awesome overview my Watch-minded Friend! Thanks for taking the time to comment & post all the pictures!!

I've seen a wrecked Star Destroyer vignette from Missouri before. BEWARE! The modeler that entered it in our show did NOT build it, He bought it!
Might not be the same one. I cain't abide a model cheater!! Sets me off!

Back