• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scale Model Challenge 2018 THE PHOTO'S

reconron

SMC was as usual...just great! :ro:
Seeing old and new friends at one of Europe's finest shows,so yeah,I'm a happy camper.

Instead of taking photo's myself,here's the link to the high quality ones Erich Reist took.
22 pages full of eye candy,enjoy!:

http://www.scalemodelchallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018smcphoto/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0QnwQ1-J6ISg5w37DENVqDggP9haugVlWKlBOR-L_-L-6BwLH1Kv0cxn8

I'll take my time over them this evening. Great to hear from you Ron, and thanks for posting the link.

Ian.

It would appear that the judges like Dirty Birds at that show. :pilot

IMG_1937.JPG

Display something like this around here they wouldn't even look at it.

It would appear that the judges like Dirty Birds at that show. :pilot

IMG_1937.JPG

Display something like this around here they wouldn't even look at it.

Weathered models aren't appreciated at US shows?
There goes a lot of effort in achieving those results.
Some well known European modellers are part of the judging team at SMC.Luc Klinkers, former master here at M.A,
was again judging at the show this year. :cheer:

Luc is still a master here at MA, he's inn the archived section. B)

Thanks for sharing the link to the show, Ron!

Proost!

:drinks

Weathered models aren't appreciated at US shows?

Not Aircraft, if you see the award winners at shows you'll see generally lightly weathered subjects.

Luc Klinkers, former master here at M.A,
was again judging at the show this year. :cheer:

As Mike pointed out, he's still a Master, he's more than welcome to post if he has something to share. Once you're in, you can't get out... :rotf

I can't speak for the rest, but here in SoCal, weathered aircraft like that are looked at and even awarded trophies in our contests. To us out here; that is a show of supreme modeling talent! Aircraft can be harder to weather than tanks after all.

I'll try to look over those pics later when I have more time.

Back