• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Armorcon

JSteinman

Master at Arms
Jeeves and I will be making the pilgrimage to Armorcon in a week or so, anyone else?

Getting my brag books together...
hb1c1de2.jpeg

I'm going to NJ this week (Saul!!)and was in CT 2 weeks ago, just didn't line up right did it. Take bunches of pictures!

Nothing wrong with BragBooks...I like looking through them when I see them. Managed to attend Armorcon way back in 2011 or 2012,can't remember which, its was a great show.

:v
Eric

Nothing wrong with BragBooks...I like looking through them when I see them. Managed to attend Armorcon way back in 2011 or 2012,can't remember which, its was a great show.

:v
Eric

Brag books are very important if you don't build out of the box!

Not sure what I'm bringing to show yet, but I've got a tower of Takom kits to deliver to reviewers ;)

he2508fd.jpg

Okay I am home, Mike and I had a great time catching up with all the "tread heads" over the weekend. We both spent some time judging individual builds as well as Viignettes and dioramas, and I gave a seminar on using EPS foam to build buildings and rubble, etc.

We didn't spend too much time or money in the vendor room, but I did score some Alpine figures, some AK weathering pencils, and two special kits, the Das Werks Faun and AFV German Sea mines. Another big project is brewing!

I will let Mike chime in on his booty and bling, but I am a wee bit embarrassed to report that I took 3 Advanced Golds, Best German, Best Diorama and Judges Best of Show. :blush:

hb5fdb6d.JPG

OK...got tons of pics but won't them all today. John got me back home before noon but the day was spent trying to get prepped for AP Bio tomorrow...I didn't take a pic of what I picked up, but I'll grab one later-- basically the Miniart Lee kit with full interior, a Dragon StuG III E kit, a set of ICM British WWI tank figures, and I won a set of Dragon Soviet figures from the Cherkassy Pocket in the raffle.

As great as Doc's photography skills are, there is nothing like seeing these pieces in person...I didn't do this first one much justice...was getting tired when I took it...

h73ac967.jpg

These two were something else though-- and my phone certainly doesn't do it justice either...the Best of Show:

h3467d7f.jpg

And a close tie- but winning Best Dio:

h553bc5b.jpg

Much to John's chagrin, many folks asked about the bees...and no I didn't put them up to it Doc ;)

Only 3 Junior entries-- all were nice but my favorite was the young lass with this tank...

hfd6be31.jpg

And the other two:

h111f9e7.jpg

heca2054.jpg

Figures were pretty impressive....a few of these are the ones AK Interactive is currently advertising...

he7ca245.jpg

ha8354a2.jpg

h2c53f25.jpg

h71dc399.jpg

hb6dab6f.jpg

hf77566f.jpg

I'll post tanks and trucks (many on bases that could've easily been vignettes) later...but at least wanted to get the obligatory group shot of me and my buds from Vermont ;)

Doc's on the left and I am next to him...the one New Yorker amongst the group. A bunch of really talented modelers...not bad company to hang out with ;)

hf8f3d35.jpg

While Mike was busy judging Dioramas, I gave a seminar about using EPS (Blue Insulation) foam to create buildings and details.

ha9fa1ac.jpg

He did sneak in at the end!

Back