• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpy 1/35 Mi 24V

Paulw

:choppa I had a chance to talk to Bob about this and he gave me the go ahead with it. This is an entry to a club themed event. The theme is the Cold War. I :bang head :bang head until I could figure what I thought would best describe some cold war equipment. I have a bunch of things in the stash that would have worked. However, Greg, the club president graciously bought this kit and gifted it to me so I just had to do it for the clubs build to enter it in the club show the first Tuesday of December. About the time I was finishing up the cockpit Bob texted me and convinced me to enter something in this campaign.

This is a pretty huge kit and I am going to have to put an addition on the house to display it.

As for the pit, it went together fairly well. The only drawback is the seat restraints. The instructions call for cutting out a .7mm strip of paper and thread it through the buckles supplied in the pe fret. I don't have a magnifier strong enough for me to see .7mm let alone thread it through those tiny @$$ buckles. So I used some surplus Luftwaffe belts that I had left over from a couple of builds and some lap belts from a set of 48 IJA belts. This is what I came out with.

I need to do some weathering on the seats and panels and then I can get that installed in the fuse.
The kit comes with decals for the Czech air force's Tiger Meet and a couple of Russian birds. It does not come with the Tiger masks though so I am going to have to make a decision later as to how I am going to accomplish the paint scheme.

I have this kit Paul (and some heavy plans for it in some special Hungarian markings) You are very right it is a huge beast!

I will be watching to see how it turns out!

Watching-with-Popcorn.jpg

I finally had a chance to do some modeling today. Since I already had all of the sub assemblies done for the exception of the rotors and weapons I went ahead and put everything in its proper place and sewed up the fuse. I have a gap in the nose but I know I can get that taken care of with a minimal amount of fuss. So I shot some pics but I had an issue with the ISO setting on the camera subsequently I got pink and purple fringing around the image so I reshot them and now they seem to be OK.

A couple of the pics got out of focus because I had to resize it. As far as the kit is concerned I am actually enjoying it so far. I still dont have any idea what I will be doing with the paint scheme but I guess Ill cross that bridge when I come to it.

I am to the point where I need to start painting so I ordered a set of camo masks from DNmodels yesterday and the bird will be sitting this out until they come in. I am looking forward to getting th8is up and looking mean. :choppa

A mate of mine here in NZ built one of these for the Nationals last year - I was shocked by just how massive it is - it's a h*ll of a size even without the rotors. Good luck Paul, I know you'll 'nail it'.

Ian.

Looking good PW. Your masks will be here soon enough. In the mean time we can still have our daily 'Choppa Talk'. I gotta get back to the Ch47.
Jager

Nice one Paul! I've also seen one of these finished. A guy I knew detailed his out to the nines and man, what a massive beast this was! Looking forward to seeing this started!

I was supposed to have this done for the club last Tuesday. That is when the masks showed up in the mail box. Well what should I expect when the product that I buy comes from Bulgaria. This now gives me a bit more time to slow down and really think this application through. The instructions say that this is mad from flexible paper but it winds up being just like the masks that you get from Kenny. A low tack and flexible vinyl masks that is durable to a small extent. I am not disappointed in the product that I received from DN Models. What I am doing now is in according to the instructions and removing the excess vinyl from the backing paper and that makes it easier to see the individual forms and then I number them to the corresponding number on the instruction sheet. So far I have not had to swear at this stuff and there is high hopes to finishing this model in the next week or two.

This is what the Numbering sheet looks like

the instructions

After I pulled off the excess and numbered the individual forms this is what I have left

url=https://postimg.cc/mPs3f1gy]
06-12-2019-IMG-0848-edit.jpg
[/url]

Because of the low tac qualities of the vinyl I really don't foresee me mucking it up which is a good thing on my part.

Back