• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TRIUMPH TR3

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Next up Triumph TR3 from Gunze.

h5abe307.jpg

B)

Boy, that takes me back a bit . I have worked on a few of these ...Once upon a time.

Does it include engine and running gear ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Old buddy of mine had one of these! His was in awful shape, but it did have neat lines. When seated, you could almost reach out and touch the ground that thing was so low

Classically British, small shouty engine, rear wheel drive, manual gearbox, great handling and easy to repair at the weekend (if you could get the parts !

Great choice, Terry...

...and this is the TR that I almost bought, but bought a '66 Mustang instead:

h195b9fd.jpg

Ian.

That's a beauty. I have the Minicraft 1/24 TR3A kit. Spent many happy hours inh one when I was in high school, helped the friend that owned it change the clutch. It was yellow.

Classically British, small shouty engine, rear wheel drive, manual gearbox, great handling and easy to repair at the weekend (if you could get the parts !

Great choice, Terry...

...and this is the TR that I almost bought, but bought a '66 Mustang instead:

h195b9fd.jpg

Ian.

That is a TR6 here in the states, and the guy I mentioned earlier has one of these along with a TR250 (what you blokes on other sides of the proverbial pond called a TR5)

Ok let's paint. Applied Tamiya metallic blue. Not a stock color, but it was what I had.

h050b4be.jpg

hb61822c.jpg

B)

Back