• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

PROJECT PANDEMIC-STANDARD B "LIBERTY" TRUCK "PROJECT COMPLETE"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Trying to make the best of the world wide pandemic I thought maybe we need some good ole fashion supply transport to get hard to find supplies(TP) to the front. So in that spirit while I am confined to home I will be working the Standard B "Liberty" Truck by ICM.

LBT1.jpg

Feel free to join in with your pandemic projects and we will get through this together.

B)

I kinda wish I was confined to home office. I have to keep coming to the plant for hair on fire events.

Looking forward to this. :popcorn

I have compiled some research images. I was surprised how much there is on this truck. Some images are of the series 2 with iron wheels.

h42e4417.jpg

hc79d56d.jpg

h14f3100.jpg

hbbf990e.jpg

h4946b83.jpg

hf33087e.jpg

h0fb4baa.jpg

h4d6e18b.jpg

I have more images of restored trucks.

B)

Let's do some truckin! This is a great kit so far.

LIB2.jpg

LIB3.jpg

LIB4.jpg

LIB5.jpg

I'm going to look into adding the rear brake linkages next.

B)

Some great work Terry! I am currently working on their FWD Type B truck so I am right there with you....30 steps in and the undercarriage is finally complete ;)

Some great work Terry! I am currently working on their FWD Type B truck so I am right there with you....30 steps in and the undercarriage is finally complete ;)

This represents step 36. The engine is next. It's coming together pretty good.

Thanks!

Awesome Terry-- I'm at about the same spot on my FWD....decided with Dr. John online last night to leave the cargo area open...

Awesome Terry-- I'm at about the same spot on my FWD....decided with Dr. John online last night to leave the cargo area open...

Thanks!

I have been thinking about how to make a better cover.....more real looking. Some sort of cloth maybe.

:)

I have been experimenting with used eye glasses cleaning wipes to be used as canvas. I smoothed them out while still damp, then ironed the remaining creases out. Sorry, no pictures yet, but the wipe has a canvas sort of texture and would have been thrown away anyhoo. I figure some diluted PVA glue would give it some body to hold a shape.
B)

Back