• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 KH MH-60L "Super 63"

Hawkwrench

Finally after years of wanting to know information about my friend Joe Pascetti's bird he crewed down in Mogadishu-Super 63, I have been able to befriend many crew chiefs and pilots who were there and was given many pics of OGS and their MH-60L's.

So tonight I finally started building it. First I had to correct the instrument panel and center console to represent close to what they looked like on the real MH-60L. The caution/advisory panel is located on the bottom left of the console on the real thing.

KH's panel, though very nice, represents a later year panel and has the CA on the instrument panel itself. So I took and cut down and sanded the Academy part and shaved off the detail on the console and glued it in place.

Next i shaved off the detail on the KH IP and replaced it with some PE detail parts from Airscale. 

Here's 2 pics of Super 63 taken while down in Mogadishu back in 1993.

That's all for now.
Tim

A little bit more work on the console. I added the parking brake handle and the chaff dispenser. Just waiting on some Archer rivets to make a circuit breaker panel and I'll be done.

That's all for the moment!
Tim

A little delay in finishing this console as I am helping to create a resin detail set for a AM company who I can't name right now.
Here's the console and IP finished.

Tim

While waiting for the gloss coat to dry on the F-14, I decided to do some work on the MH-60L.

Those stripes were a pain in the *** to tape up using 1.5mm tape. I shot Tamiya Sky Grey over them to simulate the non-slip stripes found on H-60's.
I then added Mig North Africa dust pigment to the floor around the crew chief seats.

That's all for now

Tim

Looking Good. It's always great to build a tribute to a friend. I did the same for a guy I flew with in Nam who was KIA. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Hi Tim,

I will be following your Project closely. As Gary said, I find that building a Tribute for a friend a very nice gesture. Good on you.

Cheers

Alex

Thanks guys for the kind words. My detail work pales in comparison to what I've seen here. You guys know how to make a plastic model look real! Hopefully mine will look good when completed.

Tim

No progress on the helo. I went to use it and heard the air hissing around the trigger.
"Uh Houston, we've got a problem!"

Shot an email to Ken from Badger. I have no doubt he'll fix it. It just sucks that this is my only airbrush right now and I'll have to wait for who knows how long to get it back.

Tim

Yikes! Yeah he can fix that, I did a tour of this factory the other week. Really nice guy and nice facility.

Harbor Freight, has a decent airbrush for around $15 bucks. I use it just fine. :eek:ldguy Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Back