Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
"Wesendorf Field"

Park your aircraft at our Tom Wesendorf Memorial Aerodrome and Poolside Lounge. Share your aircraft builds here.

TOPIC: There is something...

There is something... 16 Jan 2020 16:51 #37

Sorry i've made no progress on the decals Barney, I'm on the road without my laptop (got my work laptop), I'll be back home Sat PM and back out on Wend. Will try to do something over the weekend.
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

There is something... 18 Jan 2020 17:08 #38

Spent most the day doing things on the 2016 Honey Do list... slowly but surely...

But did have some time for fun stuff

h5beb519.JPG

My first time using masks for the wheels... there is some detail I need to pick out...

hc5739e8.JPG

The wheel wells are ready to go together and dirty up some...

Tomorrow will be a day to gt something done as will Monday. Sub Teachers don't work on legal holidays... too bad, I can use the money, Momma has a new embroidery machine to be paid off and I can use some supplies.

Meanwhile, I spent sometime cleaning up seams and flash on the Ki-43. The cylinders are a hit mess. Then I have to modify (NOOooo) the sucker for the exhausts to fit, properly.

32 Days to VaCa!
Attachments:
  • Barney
  • Barney
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
"Even watching her walk was a liberal education." C.S. Lewis
Last Edit: 18 Jan 2020 17:09 by Barney.

There is something... 20 Jan 2020 17:19 #39

Well everything is looking great. However, I have gone through all four pages here and still have no idea what MCW paints are. I'm not in the market for acrylics, but given Testor's Model Master situation; it is something I have to look at so that when the time comes, I can switch over.

There is something... 20 Jan 2020 19:27 #40

MCW Finishes is a small company, based in Massilion, OH that has the PPG formulas for just about everything and your sister. (Well, maybe not your sister), the current owners took it over a few years aback and are trying to grow the brand. I have no financial or emotional interest in this product. But with Model Master off the playing board this might be the new face we need to fill-in for the 46 different Olive drabs and 70 different khakis that are used in the modeling world.

The paints are lacquer based and pre-thinned. I am also using them for the A-36 I'm building. I am not certain what colors they have in stock, but according to the dude they can replicate an FS color, automotive colors and probably match a sample you have. I lays down well and dries to the touch in a minute or two.
  • Barney
  • Barney
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

There is something... 21 Jan 2020 15:54 #41

Sounds good. I do hope they can expand their distribution. What does MCW stand for?

There is something... 22 Jan 2020 19:05 #42

Model car World
  • Barney
  • Barney
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

There is something... 23 Jan 2020 18:42 #43

Thanks Barney!

There is something... 12 Feb 2020 13:04 #44

Sorry not to have updated for a while. I occasionally have problems with my neck and left hand, making it difficult to do ANYTHING. Back under control... for now, I hope, maybe, kind-a sort-a...

More picts soon.
  • Barney
  • Barney
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

There is something... 12 Feb 2020 15:51 #45

No worries Barney, it is a hobby after all. I know the feeling with a lot of the issues I've had to deal with in the past. Get back to it when you can.

There is something... 12 Feb 2020 19:50 #46

Sorry to hear about the problems Barney! Have had back and neck problems myself in the past. Chiropractor (a really good one) and experience now keeps those problems down to minimal occasional flare ups.

Hope to see more of your bench time soon! :thumbsup
Time to create page: 0.402 seconds