Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
"Wesendorf Field"

Park your aircraft at our Tom Wesendorf Memorial Aerodrome and Poolside Lounge. Share your aircraft builds here.

TOPIC: F-4E by Hasgawa

F-4E by Hasgawa 13 Jan 2020 13:41 #1

hbcf6971.JPG

h69f1a62.JPG

Included in the box was a True Details/Black Box resin cockpit, which is very detailed with lousy instructions. My exposure to resin has been very limited. Need to cut off the instrument comming. BecarfullI!! Use ahorizontal cut or ulse too much will be removed. thought I would start this kit while the paint cures on the M1A2.
  • centaur567
  • centaur567
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
The administrator has disabled public write access.

F-4E by Hasgawa 13 Jan 2020 19:04 #2

woooo A Pig!! :popcorn
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

F-4E by Hasgawa 15 Jan 2020 12:13 #3

h46afc85.JPG

Never heard of the "pig" label for the MIGHTY PHANTOM. I've always thought of it as a beast of an airplane.
Anyway, the cockpit top side molding is installed. The resin parts were doubled ad had to be sanded down quite a bit.
The crazy instructions had me using too many parts. They don't match well.I had to print up instructions from the True Details site and pick and choose the right part. Both are pretty crappy and vague. The detail of the parts are very nice. If someone needs cockpit top side parts PM me and I'll mail them to you. They are very small now that they are sanded down. Photo etch would have been better for this. Thanks Gary S. XXXXV XX XX
  • centaur567
  • centaur567
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

F-4E by Hasgawa 15 Jan 2020 12:26 #4

Stick with it you will get it done.

:popcorn
  • MrT
  • MrT
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
General George Patton

F-4E by Hasgawa 15 Jan 2020 15:12 #5

centaur567 wrote:
h46afc85.JPG

Never heard of the "pig" label for the MIGHTY PHANTOM. I've always thought of it as a beast of an airplane.
Anyway, the cockpit top side molding is installed. The resin parts were doubled ad had to be sanded down quite a bit.
The crazy instructions had me using too many parts. They don't match well.I had to print up instructions from the True Details site and pick and choose the right part. Both are pretty crappy and vague. The detail of the parts are very nice. If someone needs cockpit top side parts PM me and I'll mail them to you. They are very small now that they are sanded down. Photo etch would have been better for this. Thanks Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Never heard it called a pig but we often referred to it as a Hog . It needed a lot of attention to keep it moving :bangs head

Cheers, Christian B)

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds