• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A few MiG-29s.. the Doc is back.

Flyingbabydoc

Hello my dear friends,

After a Long pause (house building, congresses, vacation, just plain work) I am trying to get back into the Hobby and would like to Show a few of my latest Projects.

These are 3 MiG-29s which I have completed recently, still trying to get the bloody weathering down. it is getting somewhat better but still very "brittle" and "spotty", which does not work well for 1/72. I will continue trying.

The first one is a MiG-29 9-12 from the old DDR which was incorporated into the Luftwaffe in the 90's until being sold to Poland for 1€. This is an Italeri old kit without much Details, decals from Hi-Model.

The second one is a Hasegawa 9-12 with the digital Ukrainian decals. Again not much Detail but I really like the camo.

The third one is a whole new Level, the Trumpeter MiG-29 SMT with Begemot decals. This is a MUCH better kit, really a pleasure to build. This aircraft was recently seen in Syria.

I hope you like it. Cheers,

Alex

h20576b8.jpg

h6570e68.jpg

ha35d085.jpg

h7240ade.jpg

h8446eeb.jpg

h4914e13.jpg

h2ac3a59.jpg

h91cd2e8.jpg

hca9af55.jpg

h2b4d765.jpg

h4a27120.jpg

hc764d89.jpg

hfccafe4.jpg

he6a5b51.jpg

These are your Best Effort I have seen to date!! :good:

Back in 2003 I was able to walk around a few Romanian Mig-21s while I was deployed there and man where they a mess! You really captured that well used look that is common with late cold war aircraft. You are definitely moving in the right direction with these so keep up the good work!
:v

These are your Best Effort I have seen to date!! :good:

Back in 2003 I was able to walk around a few Romanian Mig-21s while I was deployed there and man where they a mess! You really captured that well used look that is common with late cold war aircraft. You are definitely moving in the right direction with these so keep up the good work!
:v

Thank you so much Eric, that is very Kind. I did use some oil paint to get the weathering down but again too much... I just have to get the same effect without making it seem the plane flew through a Blizzard of fat and oil...

Cheers

Alex

Nice line up Doc! That trumpeter kit does look nice. I like the Ukrainian camo! (y) (y)

I remember doing the Revell kit back in the day. It was a very basic kit too without much detail.

Thank you very much Mike, Dave and Warren. I tried to get the Slovakian Digital camo but it simply does not exist in 1/72.

I still have a few MiG-29s on stash, mostly now are Trumpeter - the best kits all around, I can highly recommend.

But before those I am doing some chopper work... :choppa

Cheers

Alex

Back