• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blenheim IV

ij001

Kit - Airfix A04061
Paint - All enamels
Decals - Xtradecal 72-203
Extras - None

Bristol Blenheim IV
53 Squadron
Northern France
Autumn 1939

dEEmbji.jpg

IQWqnIN.jpg

W9xVdBS.jpg

snWgUDp.jpg

kQCEWoR.jpg

gBymGV3.jpg

weJKifQ.jpg

B8rqsOm.jpg

The build took just three weeks from cracking the box. That has to be some sort of record achievement for me as normally I prevaricate like it's something to be proud of !!

No matter, it's a superb kit with some self-induced niggles and occasional over-engineering but honestly I sort-of enjoyed that because everything really does fit as it should. If you haven't built one, be aware that you probably need some high-end tweezers to drop the prop-boss into place and a kit-specific mask set is a must (I used Montex vinyl masks), other than that, it's an absolute joy.

Not much else to say, next from me will be the Eurofighter that I'm doing for this years Micro Modeller Campaign. As ever please feel free to make any comment, cast any criticism or ask a question.

Best from NZ.

Ian.

Nice paint job Ian!!! (y) (y)

With all those curves on the canopy I can see how a mask set would be a must.

Cheers all, glad you like it. Always appreciate the response, both bad and good.

Just now I'm tinkering with a couple of AFV projects before launching into my MMM 2020 build...

Ian.

That is one sharp looking Blenheim. :good: Never used enamels paints to cover a whole model, how long is the dry time with enamel paint?

Never used enamels paints to cover a whole model, how long is the dry time with enamel paint?

Because it's summer here, I almost always paint in the late afternoon / early evening, when using enamels I can post-shade straight away; the model will be 'touch dry' in the morning and ready to mask later that day - But as a rule-of-thumb I usually give it twenty-four hours before masking.

:v HTH

Ian.

Back