• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Brazilian Navy SH-60 Seahawk in 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hi again,

I have been trying some new techniques for brush painting (thanks eric, @errains) and decided to build a Brazilian Seahawk from the HH-60 Italeri 1/72 kit. There were some adaptations required (the arrows) which I have scratch-built from left-overs.

These birds are usually very dirty due to sea operations, so I went heavy on the weathering.

Comments and critiques are most welcome. Thanks a lot for looking in.

Cheers and stay safe!

Alex

h2a152ff.jpg

he2d8a76.jpg

hf38bbd4.jpg

h4277adf.jpg

h230c755.jpg

hea05f95.jpg

h9c53541.jpg

h379c359.jpg

h80a6a2e.jpg

Wow great work! Love the weathering. That is how an A/C that is actually used SHOULD look

Thank you so much my friends. I did not check the replies on this one. I appreciate your comments. There are still lot of seam line but this was the first time I tried to scratch build the modifications and tested the weathering. So I was glad with the results.

Thanks again. Cheers

Alex

I agree . Definitely am improvement on the paint . Still need work on seam lines.
Cheers, Christian
Yeah, I agree Christian. The paintwork is only as good as the prep (in this case the seam lines between parts) I spend a lot of time working on how parts fit. In many cases, the alignment pins get removed so that the parts will line up better for gluing. Other times even then the process has to be done a small section at a time so that focus can be done on that area until it sets, then move on to the next area.

While sandpaper could cause you a lot of trouble Alex, you could use a fine smooth cut metal file and wipe it on a towel to clear the micro shavings. Wet sand with water and sanding sticks. The water keeps dust down. Another thing is use a blade and scrape the area. This results in shavings rather than dust.

Thanks a lot Christian and Paul

Paul These are great ideas! Indeed the sanding is lethal - even with a mask, sometimes very fine dust remains attached and days later still affect me. Shaving with a knife is definitely something I am well used to do! I will give it a try and see what I can do. Thanks a lot!

Cheers

Alex

Back