• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Charlie Still Don't Surf!: Gun Truck 5t References

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
Let's start with a video:

Now 5 tonners... many more to come!

ace-match-box-with-mr-nice.jpg
Bad Dream 00.jpg
black widow 1dlc.jpg
Black-Widow-TENEYCK-5.jpg
Born-Loser 00.jpg
bornloser 0.jpg
Bounty Hunter 00.JPG
Bounty Hunter 01.JPG
Canned Heat.jpg
Eve of Destruction 00.jpg
Frustration 00.png
Glory Stompers II.png
grannys-gang.jpg
Hot Stuff John-1024x872.jpg
Invader II Dump Truck.jpg
Lil-Sure-Shot-2.jpg
Lil-Sure-Shot-L-W-196.jpg
little respect 00.png
little respect.jpg
Mighty Minny 00.jpg
Mighty Minny 01.jpg
Pandemonium 00.jpg
Playboys-2-Ron-Jones.jpg
Playboys-5-RonJones-1.jpg
Playboys-Rusty-Buckner-Ron-Jones.jpg
Playboys-Rutka.jpg
Snoopy 00.jpg
Snoopy 10.png
the Misfits 00.jpg
The Pall Bearers 00.jpg
The Protector Close Up.jpg
The Protector-gun-truck-33.jpg
The Rebel 00.jpg
The Red Baron  00.jpg
unknown.jpg

When a new unit took over the trucks, a full repaint didn't always happen! In this case, the yellow noses of the 8th Transportation were replaced with Red, White, and Blue:
1632655557095.png

Regards,

Awesome I really need to pick up some books on Vietnam gun trucks. I want to see if there's any I can do using current 1/72 scale models.

Awesome I really need to pick up some books on Vietnam gun trucks. I want to see if there's any I can do using current 1/72 scale models.

James Lyle has a series of gun truck books as well as the Squadron Publications. For your scale, Armada Hobby has some rather pricey resin/PE offering and one is even of Ace of Spades:

ARMN72110_L.JPG

Regards,

Thanks Saul! I'll look into the books but I'll steer clear of the resin models. First, I cannot afford them at this time and second; I'm not to thrilled with working on resin models. I can never get the parts to glue in their proper places without having to de-bond them and try again three more times.

Thanks Saul! I'll look into the books but I'll steer clear of the resin models.
Volume I:
41K6WEDVG5L.jpg

Volume II:
51D-IOjVhVL.jpg

Full Color Volume:
51kZVqI+k5L.jpg

Amazon also offers all three for a better price.

If not listed here, I don't recommend it simply because the photo content doesn't warrant the purchase:

Recommended:
61VEB709GjL._SX378_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Regards,

Excellent! Now I know even better what to look for. I'll be on the lookout as soon as I get work that gives me extra spending money.

Thanks again Saul!

Back