• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunov's 150mm Nebelwerfer 41

Dragunov

Hi All!

Got this Lion Roar kit along with the 210mm Nebelwerfer 42 a few months ago for half price! This weekend I decide to start the build, it will be a slow build since I got a lot of other projects on my workbench, but just could't resist to start.
Nebelwerfer4100.jpg

I started with the launch tubes, all six of them have three guide rails inside and the PE parts need to be folded in the lenght, so first I've made a jig out of evergreen to make folding more easy.
Nebelwerfer4101.jpg

Nebelwerfer4102.jpg

I placed the PE guide rail into the jig and used the side of a file to push the rail in shape.
Nebelwerfer4103.jpg

Nebelwerfer4104.jpg

Nebelwerfer4105.jpg

The first tube got the three guide rails placed.
Nebelwerfer4106.jpg

The first 4 rivets in place, only 176 rivets, 5 launch tubes and 15 guide rails to go :woohoo:
Nebelwerfer4107.jpg

The kit got a lot of tiny PE and plastic parts, and as far as I can see now it could build up in a very nice and detailed model of a nebelwerfer 41. The instructions are a bit confusing and placing the six tubes the right way looks like it could be a bit of a challenge. But more on that later, when I've finished all six tubes and are ready to join them together.

Comments welcome!

Cheers Erik

Nice work Erik, Very Watanabe-san like! :Mpup

Do the rivets actually pin the rails in place?

moon puppy wrote:
Nice work Erik, Very Watanabe-san like! :Mpup

Do the rivets actually pin the rails in place?

Hi Bob,

The rails are glued on the inside of the launch tube, in line with the holes, which are "filled" on the outside with the rivets. So no Watanabe-san like construction, just a Wanaby-Watanabe-San-construction :blink

Erik

Hi Erik.

Only a hundred and how many rivets? I hope you have good mental health insurance :blink , because that could drive someone crazy :silly: .

Gary

Back