• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Mighty Mo, BB-63

IMG958550.jpg

A picture of USS Missouri taken at her Pearl Harbor berth taken 30 April 2024. In the foreground is Donna Karolus. The teak deck looks like it hasn't seen a holystone in quite a while. Your slightly smaller BB-63 is coming along nicely indeed!!

IMG958663.jpg
Mark and Donna are enjoying the hospitality of the curators of the Pearl Harbor Museums. Since Mark is a big wheel at the Wisconasin Maritime Museum, lots of perks have come their way. Free Battleship tickets, banana smoothies at the Dole plantation. The tropical spring climate seems to agree with my friends from The North. If he is invited to join Amakua (Hawaiian Guardians) that would be an honor, indeed.

He is vexed by Oahu traffic. Hawaiians get in their cars and motor about leisurely. As islanders, they truly have no where to go.
I don't know if the Gunny still rents his noisy motorbikes outside the Pearl Harbor Naval base gate, or I would have tipped Mark off.

I tricked out a couple of little boats. Figuring out the wording to find a reference for the launch boat took some time! It kept wanting to show me Navy ships being launched! I made the parts for the launch boat from scratch and the cutters parts are AM PE. I made a teeny propeller and you can almost see it. That is a .5mm bit in the mini pin vise. I will probably put a small piece of square brass rod along the edge of the motor cover so it looks more flat.
IMG_0456.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg

Looking really nice Greg.

When it comes to CA, I usually run back over my CA’d parts with some debonder on a micro-brush to clean up any excess glue that isn’t bonding the parts together. This helps take away the pressure of trying not to get too much CA all over.

Maybe that will help?

It was the boats that bamfusaled my Graf Spee build years ago. Really nice touch Greg, would the last one have a wheel or tiller?

It was the boats that bamfusaled my Graf Spee build years ago. Really nice touch Greg, would the last one have a wheel or tiller?
Thanks! The pictures show a wheel on a little pedestal thimg sort of like I tried to make. The little boats have a tiller.

On a similar subject, @Rhino , what is this called so I can find reference photos?
IMG_0459.jpeg

That is my early Cummins-powered 1/350 USCG 41-foot utility boat. I sent it for you to have fun with.
Reference pictures. :hmm:
3680698.jpgIMG_1338.JPGIMG_1339.JPGIMG_1340.JPGIMG_1341.JPGIMG_1342.JPGIMG_1343.JPGIMG_1344.JPG
This late Caterpillar-powered 41 UTB is the gate guardian at USCG Station Destin Island, Florida.
Howaztt?!

Back