Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Russian Green WWII

Russian Green WWII 14 Aug 2019 11:16 #13

Robertp wrote:
No I can't. I lost all my models in a move across five states. Really heartbreaking. I did salvage somethings like tracks, cockpits, odds and ends, etc. I used Gunze acrylics until they stopped shipping their pants. Now all my colors are Tamiya mixes. I have finished two fw 190 planes and can show the RLM mix and results.

Ouch, that is awful. Oh well, I was hoping to compare the greens without mixing some up!
  • JSteinman
  • JSteinman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • alt
"Life is too short and the sun will go supernova someday, stop worrying about the s*** you cannot change."

-Me

"We don need no stinkin' badges"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Russian Green WWII 14 Aug 2019 11:48 #14

Robertp wrote:
No I can't. I lost all my models in a move across five states. Really heartbreaking.

That really sux! I was pretty lucky when I moves from California to Florida. I put each model in an extra large zip lock bag, then I filled two extra large moving boxes with shipping peanuts placing the models intermittently in the peanuts so nothing was touching. I only had a bent resin propeller and a single broken antenna. My only fault, the bags created a vacuum due to the air pressure change coming from 2400' MSL to 30' MSL. Next time, I'll poke a little hole in the bags so the pressure can equalize during the trip.

Robertp wrote:
I have finished two fw 190 planes and can show the RLM mix and results.

Yes please!
Last Edit: 14 Aug 2019 11:49 by Skinny_Mike.

Russian Green WWII 14 Aug 2019 12:42 #15

I moved from California to Missouri (last one out of California please turn off the lights). I Packed the models in boxes with foam around the and they were pretty secure. Told the movers be careful with the boxes marked fragile. The crew changed in Texas. I don't where the destruction took place. link to fw 190 here:

modelersalliance.org/forum/wesendorf-field/153114-tamiya-fw190

RLM 76 XF2:7(Flat White) + XF23:1(Light Blue) + XF66:2(Light Gray) be careful with the gray. You can omit it.

RLM 75 XF2:15(Flat White) + XF7:1(Flat Red) + XF24:5(Dark Grey) be very very careful with the red. To much and you get purple.

RLM 74(green) XF25:3(Light Sea Gray) + XF5:2(Flat Green)
RLM 74(gray)XF-24(Dark Gray):10 + X-14(JA Gray):1 + XF-2(White):1

i am saying be careful because you can not subtract.
  • Robertp
  • Robertp
  • Squad Leader
    Squad Leader
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds