• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Badger airbrush service

sharkman

Master at Arms
Just wondering if anyone has dealt with Badger. My Renegade Krome needs a major refurbishment and I see that Badger's website says to just ship the airbrush back and in most cases they deal with everything. It also states to send a money order for return shipment ($25 USD in my case since I'm in Canada).

Is it a pretty flawless service? Might look at sending it down in April.

:idonno

suppose I should email them first to see if they are even doing business in light of the whole Covid-19 thing!

I did a tour of their facility last Jan, had a great time with Ken and he showed my the entire process. I haven't posted the photos yet, such a time crunch lately. Thought it would be a good thing to kick off the new website in a couple of weeks.

I know others have had bad experience but I sent in 2 ABs to them several years ago and they came back perfect condition in just a couple of weeks.

I would email them to give them a heads up just to be safe. Tell them Saul sent ya, that was the first thing out of Ken's mouth when I rang the door bell. :rotf

I have an almost 40 years old model 200 that I sent to Badger a few years ago for refurbishment> It has worked flawlessly since they returned it. I use it for 99% of all my airbrushing.

Just sent mine Putin the midst of the birthday sales rush from his special birthday deal....figured it'd be a while in coming back with all the shipments he had to make, but it came back pretty quick fixed and thoroughly cleaned ;)

Thanks guys!

I sent an email yesterday and have not head back yet. I'll hold off until I get a definitive answer!

B)

He just posted this on Facebook yesterday so he's around...but still sending stuff out...

I know we haven't posted much lately. Frankly I feel a little guilty about doing anything normal post-wise in such uncertain times. I know that may seem weird or illogical to some, but I do hope you understand the sentiment behind the recent silence. That being said, I know our follower friends still want, and deserve, information. So, here's the latest FRONT OF THE LINE and normal Happy 56th Birthday staus info:

From what we can tell all of the FRONT OF THE LINE limited edition custom airbrush orders have shipped, and we shipped a few normal Happy 56th Birthday (H56B) orders this past week as well.

All H56B airbrushes are currently in some phase of production and will continue on to completion in the not too distant future. Once theyre through plating and engraving, they'll come through performance testing and be ready for shipment in waves of a hundred to two hundred a week. We'll try to get a what's in what phase of production status posted this coming week and keep you apprised from there.

That's all well post for now.

We hope all of our follower friends stay safe and say healthy.

Stay tuned here...I may just do a very mundane generic facetime live feed later today (after 4pm) or tomorrow (late morning). It'd just be me reading and responding to whatever questions, airbrush or otherwise, you all may want to ask. I'm going to start working on my monologue now. :)

Take air,
BADGER AIR-BRUSH CO.
Ken

I have been using my Sotar 20/20 slim for painting my Do-335 build these last couple of weeks. Had a FUBAR the other night. :bang head (yeah one of those) Picked my Sotar up off the airbrush holder and it nose dived into the glass table top. Yeah the needle tip looked like a fish hook.

So I have dealt with stuff like this before so here is another test. Didn't think to take photos of the process, just went at it. Took a pair of my stronger tweezers and slowly uncurled it. Worked it until it was fairly straight and could be slid back through the nozzle. Spent about 20 minutes rolling it against glass and then manually tweezing it the rest of the way straight. Then a little draw with a rolling twist on 4000 then 12000 grit paper and cloth and it looks like new.

had to do a slight correct on the end of the nozzle as it pulled one side out slightly when it bent. put the needle in place and did an easy burnish of the nozzle tip back in place.

Have used it quite a bit since and see no difference in how it sprays or works. I can say that Badger uses some really good material in their parts as the parts were repairable without having to wait on a shipment of replacements. Too hard or too soft and it wouldn't have been possible.

I also suspect the needle is a lot sharper now as I have manged to draw blood with it after accidentally catching the needle tip in the side of my finger a couple of times.

Nice save! I did that once with my Sotar but I had the cap on. Nice battle scar on the cap, back then replacement tip was like $300.

Back