• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He 111 1/48th scale

The markings issues is why I do a lot of research and looking through my reference books. I usually try to do a plane that I have at least one good photo of it. No one would really know for sure if it was accurate or not and that is up to you.

So far this build is looking pretty good Gary! :good:
Thanks. As far as markings go, I use what I have and using my own research, come as close to good enough as I can to what it might have been. In other words, I SWAG it. Gary S.

20240119_152802.jpg
20240119_152826.jpg

Some weathering with oils done and gear down and locked. Gary S.

Thanks!! It's really not that big when I parked my F-14 next to it. The wing area is massive though. Almost equal to the B-24 in square feet. Over all it's kinda the size of most twin engine planes like the B-25. Gary S.

100_8338.JPG
100_8339.JPG
20240127_083727.jpg
20240127_084346_HDR.jpg
20240127_084440.jpg
20240127_084514.jpg
20240127_084520.jpg
20240127_084544.jpg
20240127_084703.jpg

Getting close to the finish line. Installed landing light cover and used a rhinestone for the light. The canopy fit is good, not great. The rear portion may have become mishappen by my handling. Decals for faces on the bombs were included. Somewhere I have a picture of this in my books. Exhaust stains were added using acrylic tube paints. The lower windows were installed with one being lost in the fuselage. Good thing I had 2 sets. The gunners canopy fit so well that glue was not required. I think that the 2 big bombs made it look like an airplane with big boobs.
BTW I was wrong about The kit instructions saying that the decals were II/KG 26. After more research, I found that the last letter "M" denoted the 4th Staffel, which color is white. 1H is the Group 26, K is the individual AC and M is the 4th Staffel.

Looks good Gary, check that insignia on the rhs under the canopy. Looks like it could use some more solvaset. :popcorn

Waiting for the beauty shots, Gary. Looks pretty good now. The photos always give us something to fix, don't they.

The ol' Heinkel looks like she's really speedy! :good:
I sat in the pilot seat of an American-ized He-111 at the Newton airshow one year. It was quite a lot "cozier" than I expected it to be.
Will it foul up your cool paint job to fill the gaps where the clear parts join?

The ol' Heinkel looks like she's really speedy! :good:
I sat in the pilot seat of an American-ized He-111 at the Newton airshow one year. It was quite a lot "cozier" than I expected it to be.
Will it foul up your cool paint job to fill the gaps where the clear parts join?
Thanks!! I filled most of them. Just wanted to finish it and shelve it. Gary S.

Back