• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Stuart M5A1 - Finished.

AFV Stuart M5A1 - base coat paint

Thanks, James.

I have often used the hull bottom to test everything, but it ends up looking like a mess. Half of my problem is that I can't remember from one model to the next what I did, and I'm not forward thinking enough to take notes. The other two thirds is bad math. ( :pp )
I'm thankful for all the SBS builds that members post here (and elsewhere) that are available for reference.

Cheers,

Bill

AFV Stuart M5A1 - base coat paint

First wash with raw umber artist oils and turpinoid per Bob Letterman”s weathering OD. (20 hours ago). I will do a little clean up and blending, drybrush with OD to lighten and highlight, then apply decals. So ….. there.

I think I found out why AFV supplied the aluminum riser for the MG. A photo on one of the archive/walkaround sites showed it so. It looks like it would telescope down in to the base for travel (with a clamp ring at the top of the base, or something).

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Stu-11.jpg

Stu-10.jpg

AFV Stuart M5A1 - a "dirty" wash

Looks pretty good to my eyes,Bill! (y)

These 'old school' techniques do have their pros for sure.

Any chance on giving us pictures taken outdoors?Would like to see this cool little tank in natural day light.

Greetings,Ron.

Thanks Master Lee!
One step closes to something. :hmmm

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bob and Ron,

Ron, I'll take some photos outside. Now you have me curious. :blink

Back without a flash,

Bill

Thanks, Ron, Mike, Sherm, Terry , and Bob. Much appreciated.

Well I attempted to dry- brush with the Humbrol enamel OD green( 155), and It wasn't working. It was a completely different green from the Tamiya acrylic blend that I had applied as a base coat. I re-sprayed the whole thing with the 155 enamel as a base coat and then applied some modulation by lightening the OD with (93) Desert yellow. As usual, the camera doesn't depict it well (or at all). :angry:
I think I will try to dry-brush this with some of the left over paint from the final lightening coat (I saved what paint was left in the air brush cup) and then put the decals on.

Little by little.

Sorry for the poor picture. :S Thanks for looking anyway. :)

Bill :soldier :soldier :soldier (Paint shop or bust)

stu_15.jpg

That's good thing about painting. If you mess it up you can always repaint it.

:soldier

Terry

AFV Stuart M5A1 - re-painted

Thanks, Terry and Bob!

It's all a learning process.

Forward march,

Bill

AFV Stuart M5A1 - re-painted

The last sentence says it all "Paint shop or bust." THAT is the right attitude! :notworthy (y)
Too many folks get discouraged and quit when stuff doesn't go right. Keep on keepin' on, Bill! :drinks

Back