• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT 1/48 Tigercat **COMPLETED**

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Alright you guyz... here's some pics :drinks
h641c108.JPG

hc1f3e78.JPG

hf81cce3.JPG

h0c1953a.JPG

h14f91b0.JPG

Got the props ready to paint. still gotta remove the True Details wheels from the stub...

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

http://worldwarwings.com/they-stood-there-waiting-for-the-tigercat-like-it-was-nothing?a=mk&var=ww2%3Dtiger-low

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

I managed to get the canopy& windscreen Futured & the props painted black (y) Starting in on the landing gear & hoping we have some cooler temps some time soon soI can sling some paint on this baby... :drinks

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

A little bit of bench time and here's some pics
h45d9214.JPG

These next few pics are of the MLG...
h58b4f45.JPG

hbcce859.JPG

h6f44fe7.JPG

I've glued the piece back together but, don't think it'll support the weight of the aircraft :idonno
What is the concensus on this? Will she hold or not?

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

I doubt it. Especially with the amount of weight necessary to make it sit right :S

Cheers, Christian B)

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Well the way I see it is you won't know until you try ... If she don't stand ... Then go gear up ... :smack

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Great to see you still working on her ED. Looking very nice so far.....Cheers mark

Thanks Mark. I got several going right now but, slow going on them mostly due to my back botherin' me, plus triple digit temps which affects my ability to airbrush that which needs done.

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

I managed to get the landing gear assembled & hopefully it'll hold the weight but, I doubt it & figger I'm gonna end up goin' gear up.

h609fc00.JPG

hd75c06d.JPG

Had to sand the cowls down & repaint...
h2f462fa.JPG

AMT 1/48 Tigercat

Yes Mark, I'm still working on her! :pp I have run into a problem with the decals on the engine cowls :bang head

he5d27b3_2015-09-24.JPG

h820e1a6_2015-09-24.JPG

hf600a3d_2015-09-24.JPG

2-pc decals on the cowlings
hf5758ed_2015-09-24.JPG

If you look closely at the photos you'll see what the problem is... :tomato

Back