• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Christine! 58 Plymouth - Chrissy Is Red & White

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply ( Motor Work )

Oh man I forgot about that car/kit. Cool!

Looking good Swordsman! :good:

Yeah if out of production one more thing to look for on eBay ... Thanks Jeff I did the dual carbs this morning need to go and look at pictures of that motor ....

That thing gotta Hemi? :popcorn

It's a powerful motor ... I haven't had a chance to go back to watch the Movie I've been trying all avenues of research ... :gogo :idonno :ro: :dude

Ed is saying it is a 331 Cu in ... Not sure It might be a 'Power Giant V-8' don't know it's not a Hemi as the plugs would be in the center of the Heads ... More research needed ... the Distributor is in the rear on this model with dual Carbs ... stacked on top of each other ... the net is a bad place for research as I have found both front & rear distributors in Christine so I must watch the movie ... :woohoo: :eek:hmy: :bang head

That thing gotta Hemi? :popcorn

If I recall right, the '58 Plymouth came stock from the factory with a 331 in it.

The 1:1 scale has been my dream car even before the movie came out! Drove a '59 Fury back in my demo Derby days :D

Thanks Ed remember this is a Plymouth not a Dodge ... so the scale Motor I have is a rear distributor ... Dual stacked carb ... still researching I found this on the net ... :woohoo:

Her engine; a dual, four barrel carb, 350 cubic inch Golden Commando V8 was one of the two engines that were available to Fury's in 1958, but also came optional in Belvederes and Sport Suburban's. However, Christine's engine was painted in custom colors with chrome plated air filter canisters instead of the original gold painted canisters. Christine's 150 mph speedometer was one feature that remained exclusive to the '58 Fury. Also there is a fellow who say 351 Ford frame by frame research ... So ... :hmmm (y)

Well I spent most of my time last night working on Choir Practice ... So this morning ... :eek:ldguy

h1ad23ec.jpg

h1d00a67.jpg

h131fd70.jpg

h24e3677.jpg

I added the Carbs ... Supposed to be dual 4Bls stacked on top the only thing I can think of for this arrangement is the bottom set runs most of your highway & cursing around town ... then Passing the top kicks in ... I have a 73 Pinto that has 2Bls on a side draft carb which the 2ndbl only kicks in when you romp it ... (y) (pictures from Android what can I say)I also fixed breather tube ... Yes this engine has - crankcase ventilation ... :ro: :dude 's

Christine-Engine.jpg

The car was a 2-door Hartop coupe with gold anodized aluminum trim in 1956 and 1957. The fury had a special interior, bumper wing-guards and a V8 engine with twin 4-barrel carbs. The 1957 and ’58 model came with a 318 cu in 5.21L engine that produced 290HP. But in ’58 the optional engine was a 350 cu in 5.7L (Called Golden Commando) producing 305HP.

Check this out http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Archive/Event/Item/1958-PLYMOUTH-FURY-CHRISTINE-FROM-THE-BILL-PRIZE-20543

Ok I check out that link ... not the right engine ... just wandering as I've never heard of upper & lower dual carb's ...

hc235305.JPG

h42b2c32.JPG

This is the instructions ... this motor has Rear Distributor ... Not the upper & lower Carbs ...

h2429034.jpg

hb791749.JPG

I need to either fix this or find out ... as I'm ready to run Fuel lines to carbs ... if I have to make them inline duals like Ed's photos ... I can't find any info on this setup ... very strange ... :bang head :frantic :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

Yeah, the rear distributor is a 318. While I was looking around the different sites on Christine, someone said it had a 413 (Big Block) in it. Funny thing, the 413 didn't come out until the late 60s. 383,400 & 440 all have the distributor in the front.
Also seen several different motors in it so, Igess, take er pick & go fer it. :drinks

Ok I give up ... looks like a Golden commando ....

h5ba627f.JPG

https://youtu.be/FFEmJAHEGEQ

h992b2e6.JPG

h6b5080e.JPG

I've fixed the aircleaner to where it can be pulled off ... also I did a wash of nulin oil on the motor's parts .... :good:

Ok Ed looks like it's Me & you ... The motor does look like a 318 ... couldn't be in a 58 since 318 was made 1st in 1960 ... so I'm looking for a 350 HP motor which probably was the golden commando ... :hmmm :idonno (y)

I found my scale 1/4 fuel line gonna go run that I will have to make a fuel filter thingie ... can't find any reference to stacked 4-BBl's although I suspect it would be possible ... (y)

Yup just what I suspected this dual staked carb thing is factious ... don't know what to do as the carbs are dual side by side in the movie clip on 1st page ... So there I answered my own question ... now Illl have to see about this setup ... as you cab=n see the destructions are weird ... :woohoo:

Motor is looking good, I wouldn't worry about the carbs, especially now. Just leave the hood down.

I just can't do that as a Modeler MP ... more research is needed ... and Windows Ten needs to speed up ... :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

h23f86d3.jpg

This is the motor that is in the trailer ... on My 1st page .... So I'll watch the movie today and make up My Mind ...

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply ( Frame Work )

I went out and retrieved Christine's Frame from the man Cave ...

h8f0257a.JPG

The main frame ... Kinda Like the Master Cylinder

hf6924f1.JPG

The Bits I'm fixin to go & put on .... :soldier

Still keeping an eye on this before she finishes building herself and driving around killing rats and mice that insulted her :popcorn

What was it about that time that auto manufactures just refused to put in a radiator big enough to cool those big motors? Look at the size of that radiator compared to the engine.

Thanks Dave I'm moving a bit slow on this ... Thinking about ordering those wires & distributor for Her ... and still haven't found the oil filter ... Here's a Wee bit of what I've done last night ...

h290bd8c.JPG

Put front end together ... not in this photo but I also installed the steering linkage ... wheels are movable ...

hcc21d95.JPG

h3a1c2df.JPG

h8f4fa9d.JPG

Ok the one on the right looks the best .... Right?? in the Photo of the two backside of the wheels the one on right is Tamiya Red & the one on the left is Naked ....

h8f1ce77.JPG

Parting shot the motor is in !!! Mhawwww

What was it about that time that auto manufactures just refused to put in a radiator big enough to cool those big motors? Look at the size of that radiator compared to the engine.

It is a fairly large one ... the cost of copper & brass made them down size .... :rotf also the newer flex fans operate more efficiently ... :salute

Ok Just a Quick Up-date ... Must go to WWWWWooooooorrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkk !!!

hbcb57b3.JPG

Notice Chrome Air Cleaner Above ... Watch This ....

h72b5974.JPG

hd530144.JPG

h8360516.JPG

Back