• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon King Tiger

The tape method is pretty sure fire, no counting links. I try to leave the idler and its mount loose, so I can take up any slack, just like the real thing.

Got the other side done!!

IMG_5683.JPG

IMG_5684.JPG

How sweet it is!!

Jackie_Gleason.jpg

:drinks

Thank you, friends!! Trying something new here, I have some of AK Interactive's Track Wash and thought it might be just the thing to impart that reddish brown tint to the tracks. Using an old brush, I applied a heavy coat over the links. The camera revealed the missed spots, so went back and touched them up. I think this worked pretty well in prep for some pigments and the fenders.

IMG_5689.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

Thanks for dropping by, going to fiddle with it some more tonight.

Hey thanks, friends!! Going for something different here, so I pinned the fenders on temporarily with brass wire and Blue Tack.

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

I cut the fenders in pieces, I'm planning to remove the parts that are grey after the camo is applied.

While I was waiting for the grass to dry out, I hit the paint booth. I wanted to do another stripey pattern, again using the AK Interactive German Camo paint set.

First, the light bands, using AK-007 Dunkelgelb Light Base.

IMG_5700.JPG

IMG_5701.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG

Next, I used the AK-169 Rotbraun Base for my brown stripes.

IMG_5703.JPG

IMG_5704.JPG

IMG_5705.JPG

This is a little light for my taste, but filter layers will darken it to a nice fade.

Finally, the green stripes with AK-172 Olivgrun Base.

IMG_5706.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

After mowing the lawn, the paint has dried enough to remove the fenders and see what we have.

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5713.JPG

Lots of touch ups to do, but I'm happy with the effects. Thanks for looking!

Man that looks awesome. I really need to do a later German vehicle so I can try that paint. You got me so sold on it. Fantastic Mike (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back