• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First Blood 8 Rad

Moon, try giving that Nickel plating a brush with some xylene- it's the main ingredient of Goof Off. It works for the Wilder flux. I think it may have a coating of some kind. Thanks to Paul for the tip!

I used the Royal stuff once and swore off them. They look fantastic when done properly, its the getting there part in my opinion. Really looking forward to seeing this Bob.
James

Thanks James, that Royal stuff is tough as nails but it creates nice crisp bends. These louvers are individual and you have to install them on a center support bracket that, at the point in time you're installing, is floating. Sure did get my mind off work though..:rotf

It's ugly, looks like I'm out of practice with PE because I could not make those louvers cooperate. Spent two days trying to make those louvers look right, Ran into a pit fall of my own making and now a couple of them are missing. :bang head

So I filled in as best I can and will throw a freakin' tarp over the damage. :soldier

hd9feb43.jpg

Well it looks like I got the wrong wheel set for the 8rad. I got the set for the 6rad. Both of which are Sd. Kfz. 232...so I got an excuse.

If I find them on Spruebro I'll get them in, otherwise we're going with kit parts.

Well I got bit by the PE bug, replaced the stowage doors on the fenders and said I can't stop there. Trying not to get bogged down, at least i'm not doing the PE vision ports and rain guards.

hf5d759f.jpg

added red border to test resizing.

Thanks Jeff, I'm not making much headway. Think I'm going to take Friday off and try and do a marathon session. Work is already a ghost town, first week of FOOTBALL and Labor Day, I figure no one will miss me anyway..(oh no...I just jinxed it :bang head)

I could only get in like 4 hours today. :facepalm

This is where I started..
h0c827b1.jpg

h9a24f23.jpg

And where I finished up today.

Got a good chunk of time blocked off tomorrow so I HOPE to get construction done and some grey paint splashed. You can see I did the Red Brown on the mufflers getting ready to do a rust treatment on them. That's the first paint.

Need some :zen boys!

Back