• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Never Get Out Of The Boat

Shalom.

The shade of the OD can very greatly depending on the time of day and where the boat is. Closer in to shore and the colour can appear quite different from when the craft is out in the middle of the river.

I think the colour you have looks pretty good like it is faded a lot.

Cheers from Peter

thanks Jeff, Peter. I suppose after I get the water line red and some filters over the hull the tone will ...tone down some.

Hi Mark,

Nice to see you here! I will always mention great products, especially when they are unique.

Bob, buy them directly. You will probably deal with Mark. I hope you knew you could click on the link to take you to MecModels.
;)

Regards,

Yes I did hit the site, Mark, as in BarkyMarky? Say no more, I'll get it from the source. Now, Miller or PBR??? :hmmm
Why PBR, of course! Looking good, Bob!

Did you look at the link I sent you? I think some playboys lying around would add some character.
James

OK, it bugged me enough to overspray some Vallejo Medium Green, I think it does a pretty good job of mixing up the tones and hues, whatever that means... Also used British Crimson Red for the waterline color..just because it looked better than insignia red.

Pictures later.

Progress! Oh sweet progress!!!

BTW, I'm throwing out all my enamel paints, tired of dealing with them. except my insignia Red...

here's what I got..
DSCF0113.jpg

Like I said, even giving the base a good treatment...

DSCF0102.jpg

I hope y'all can see the various tons of OD. They are there!

DSCF0103.jpg

Inconsistency is what I want in this OD, the gas cans would have been painted somewhere completely different that the boat so there's no reason to think it would have been the exact same tone.

DSCF0105.jpg

Got to finish the radome and there is some more railing to install. Right now the roof is only dry fitted. it is a shame that the roof covers such a nice cockpit.

DSCF0107.jpg

The kit comes with some figures, one guy hunkered down reloading the grenade launcher but he's got a fully loaded launcher on tright there...not sure what that's about...but the broken down launcher is pretty cool. I drilled out the barrel some.

DSCF0108.jpg

The cockpit, Saul helped out with some color photos, that's why the throttle stuff is brass with worn out black. the photos he showed me clearly showed it as brass that was painted over.

Playing around with some Migs pigs, faded US OD. Can you spot it??

Back