• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"THE LIBERATOR" (FROM OPERATION OVERLORD)

Re: "THE LIBERATOR"by MrT "COMING TO LIFE"

He's coming along nicely, Terry! I like the detail painting you've done!! (y)

Terry the eyes look great, don't go messing with them, they've give him loads of character

Thanks Ant!!! I'll leave them alone.

Terry B)

looking good terry! isn't that painting method the verlinden technique? i tried it once, failed miserably and never returned to that technique! the more i admire it when one succeeds with this way of painting!

The eyes were the hardest part and I'm still not sure if I am satisfied with them.

a method i have to try yet but worth suggesting is to try to only apply the dark tone to the eyeholes and trying not to apply further paint on them, then thinning plain white to thin ink consistency, let a small amount flow into the eyeballs, let that dry and repeat that step until satisfied ... the irises should be a piece of cake after that ...

The face is looking good. I like the stubble.

Thanks Sherm!! Pretty easy the stubble was molded on so all I had to do was dry brush with some black.

Terry B)

looking good terry! isn't that painting method the verlinden technique? i tried it once, failed miserably and never returned to that technique! the more i admire it when one succeeds with this way of painting!

The eyes were the hardest part and I'm still not sure if I am satisfied with them.

a method i have to try yet but worth suggesting is to try to only apply the dark tone to the eyeholes and trying not to apply further paint on them, then thinning plain white to thin ink consistency, let a small amount flow into the eyeballs, let that dry and repeat that step until satisfied ... the irises should be a piece of cake after that ...

Yes this is the verlinden technique with my own twists. These eye were tough! The good thing about using oil paint is that if comes out wrong you can just wipe it off and start over, because it takes along time to dry. I will try your idea sounds like it might just work.

Thanks Laura!!

Terry B)

Re: "THE LIBERATOR"by MrT "PUTTING ON A COAT"

It's been over an month since I did anything so last night I desided to put the coat on my shady G.I.. When I paint figures I do the inner most items first just like getting dressed first the coat then the pack, belt, straps and so on. I base coated the jacket with Tamiya Deck Tan. Then I darkened the creases with Tamiya Khaki. Next I gave the whole jacket a khaki wash. Last dry brushed with Khaki mixed with white oil paint. I then high lighted with Deck tan mixed with white oil paint. Here are some pictures of the result. I still need to paint the buttons. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC05395.JPG

DSC05398.JPG

DSC05396.JPG

DSC05397.JPG

B)

Looking good, Terry! Glad to see you back on this one! (y)

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Back