• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TOMAHAWK (FROM SCI-FI SHOWDOWN)

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I have a some builds ahead of this one, but this is going to happen. I have wanted this model since 1985 and I'm going to pull out every modeling trick I know on this one so keep watch because the TOMAHAWK is coming.

Terry B)

DSC05423.JPG

Re: TOMAHAWK WIP

Can't wait to start it and work some armor magic on it.

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK WIP

Ok here are my start up pictures. I have added another mech from the same line. Some kind of dio may be in the offing.

Terry B)

DSC06385.JPG

DSC06387.JPG

DSC06386.JPG

B)

Re: TOMAHAWK "DIO PLANS"

Here's what I had in mind for a diorama. What do you think?

;)

Revfrbot.jpg

thanatosbay.jpg

I have the model in the top picture, but it is 1/100 scale. So to duplicate it I would have to scale it up to 1/72. I have been looking a pictures of gantry crains and idustrial robots to get some more ideas.

39140-9.jpg

det_595_R-2000iA_165F-used_robot.jpg

:v

Woauww!! that is one awesome dio idea!! (y) how big do you think the dio will be?
In cm, mm, inch, millifoot, centiinches or what system you guys use :D
The crane is a nice thing and not soooo complicated to scratchbuild :hmmm
:popcorn (maybe need a Red bull for this one! :woohoo:
//Mats

Woauww!! that is one awesome dio idea!! (y) how big do you think the dio will be?
In cm, mm, inch, millifoot, centiinches or what system you guys use :D
The crane is a nice thing and not soooo complicated to scratchbuild :hmmm
:popcorn (maybe need a Red bull for this one! :woohoo:
//Mats

Well lets see the mech it's self is about 7 to 8 inches tall. The repair bay appears in the top picture to be about twice the mech height. So the height would be around 14 to 16 inches. The width of the dio will depend on how many mech bays I want to make. I think will make one bay at a time each with it's own door. Looks like 16 inches tall by 20 inches long by 12 inche deep roughly.

:hmmm

You need to clean out the desk to make room for that! :geek
I'm really looking forward to see it coming alive (y)
//Mats

Back