• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trying a new resin for the first time in a year.

jknaus

Administrator
I really love Sirya tech Navy Grey ABS resin for its fine detail and strength. But if I'm to do the Proteus from Fantastic Voyage I need some clear resin. So have a bottle of Siraya tech Blu clear version 2 to try It will be a busy weekend as I try to dial in my Saturn 2 and then print some parts. That way i can use my Saturn 3 to print some WWI machine guns, a TOW and some other small parts. Hope it all works out. If so a Proteus is in the future. I'm also looking at an APC from Aliens with a full interior. Might do that and the jump ship it is stowed on.
James

The Proteus that is out by Moebius is a really decent kit. I was quite surprised.
Aq-160.jpg

Well I couldnt be more pleased. Its very difficult to really see the various items well with this being clear, but they look good to me. The slanted rods that are .5mm to 1.2mm all printed well and none were broken or deformed. Everything else looks so good. And crystal clear. So tomorrow to print some windows and stuff and see how it comes out. So very pleased with Siryatech resins.
i know you wont see much but to my eyes it looks great. The cube is awesome with no flaws.
20240512_183641.jpg
20240512_183701.jpg
20240512_183719.jpg

Back