• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm Flak Pt II

jknaus

Administrator
Versuchsflakwagen 8.8cm Flak auf Sonderfahrgestell Pt II has started. Pictures later today. Got the major hull assemblies pretty much done real early this morning. Thanks for sucking me in Tony :D
James

YYYEEEEeaaaaa
Has your fit been as good as mine has been?
I feel like this kit fit has been the best of "ALL" i've built.

Don't be bashful,just ask if need be buddy.
Tony lee

So far so good. Only thing I added so far is some strip plastic under the gun mount plate, just for a bit of added security. I'm close to going down to the workshop again and doing more. Will bring camera with me so pics are coming.
James

PS got all the crib notes for this build from yours :D

One other minor fix you might want to look at. The instructions show placing the seat (step 18) is facing a blank wall and it should be turned to the right facing a console that will be installed there. Turn the seat,the mount bar is correct.

Tony lee

Thanks Tony. The kit is nice, but I'm not as thrilled with it. Probably a question of my technique or lack of skills. Here is were I am so far though.

DSC03487.JPG

DSC03486.JPG

DSC03485.JPG

DSC03484.JPG

James

Front upper hull plate: I had to apply pressure to the front edge to be flush with the bow plate James.
The rest looks good to me.

Tony lee

Now I remember why the flak 41 was put away. Beyond my capabilities at the moment.
James

Back