• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/24 HAWKER TYPHOON Mk Ib

Fantastic to see this back on the bench, Terry, to be honest I'd completely forgotten that you'd started this one. Hope you beat that infection very soon. Not posted it here, but I have a Typhoon on the bench at the moment too...

h35a1f39.jpg

I
...it's half the size, but it's definitely a Typhoon, it said so on the box !!

Ian.

Being down with a serious skin infection I have spent the last six days in my fevered delirium working on the Typhoon. Here's the progress.

TYP1.jpg

TYP2.jpg

TYP3.jpg

TYP4.jpg

:huh:

That's some fine work! I don't want to say you should be sick more often...

:mpup

:drinks

Nice work, T. Those Sabre engines look like they got more places to spring a leak than a Detroit Diesel.

Ok I realize 1/24 scale is big, I didn't really grasp that until last night when I finished the wing construction. Wing tip to wing tip the model measured 20 1/4 inches. :blink

h627021b_2019-04-17.jpg

Big Stuff!

B)

That is a large model. I think people also don't realize how big the typhoon / Tempest aircraft are till you get to walk under one at the museum .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back