• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

I don't know if you knew this or not, but I was back in the ER with another mild heart attack. I'm fine except for a bout of depression, witch is getting a bit better. So, I feel like I should get back to work on my P-38. Need some plastic therapy. BUT, before I can do that, I think I need some straightening up to. Seems my bench has gotten a bit cluttered After I clean up I'll get back to it. Thanks for hanging in there with me............Harv

Take it slow and make sure you're ok. Looking forward to further progress.

B)

Good news ! ALL the PE is now on the gear doors ! Sprue B. had a 15% sale a few weekends ago on Eduards stuff, so I ordered the undercarriage set to replace missing parts.Also a few extra tid bits i can use. I'll post pics when They are painted and weathered. Thank you all for looking in............Harv

Geez Harv, you should finish that sucker!!! it's been a while since you started this one !! hope you feel ok and recoup very soon.

Stay strong bud !! :drinks

Thank you all ! Phil ! I'm doing good buddy. Its been almost 4 yrs now, and I'm ready to get er done and move on. Have the doors primed and the AB is stripped down soaking in windex. So my plane is to paint the doors and get them weathered this weekend. Hope so..............harv

Looky here ! Doors painted, but thats all. I tried a little pre shading, but not sure about it. What do you think ? I still have to weather and seal, and add a couple dry transfers. Thanks for looking in...........Harv

Weathering is started. Not sure if this is too heavy. What say ye ? The black, I think I'll have to tone down a lot. Thanks for looking in !............Harv

OK, a small update. The doors are weathered, finally . I always seemed to have trouble getting the wash to go on smooth, but always beaded up. I remember guys talking about this prob and the remedy was a small drop of dish soap ! It works ! I did tone them down a bit and am happy with them. Need to seal them and have a couple of dry transfers to add and these will be done. As always comments welcome. Thanks for sticking with me..........Harv

OK, a small update. The doors are weathered, finally . I always seemed to have trouble getting the wash to go on smooth, but always beaded up. I remember guys talking about this prob and the remedy was a small drop of dish soap ! It works ! I did tone them down a bit and am happy with them. Need to seal them and have a couple of dry transfers to add and these will be done. As always comments welcome. Thanks for sticking with me..........Harv

Great job Harv! :good:

Well I was planning on adding a bunch of red dry transfers, but going back over ref pics I have, seems there we're not a whole lot of stencils on them. I still might "fake " a few just to brake all the black up, just small ones..............Harv

Back