• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Quonset Hut Scene...

Dude has something to read now ;) Need to add one more bunk and then the last shell piece and glue everything down to the base...
006~72.jpg

Well...you know you've taken too long getting back to something when the spiders have moved in...
001~98.jpg

I am hesitating because even though I pushed the other half of the hut into the mud- it must've expanded back out again as it won't quite fit...and I have been a bit anxious to chisel out what's there for fear of damaging things...at a bit of an impasse- but I vowed to finish this thing this summer...here are some other updated- views-
002~93.jpg

Sadly Ike seems to have suffered a flat tire...but what better place then around a whole bunch of plane mechanics ;)
003~97.jpg

004~90.jpg

I've since brushed the loose grass flock off the hut ;) Miles to go yet- but any update is a good update ;)

You're doing a great job there mate. Yours is the second diorama somebody does using the hut since I did the master for Masterpiece models. (That I have seen, that is.)

For removing the offending spot I would go with a chisel because the Dremel will make a mess with all the material that will fly around due to the high speed that it operates.

Keep the good work!

Much thanks Ruben-

It's a great piece- wish there were more like them in 1/48! I'm liking the chisel idea as well- much easier to control.

It's becoming realy good Jeeves!
It's because of that kind of good stuff's, you deserve the avatar (y)

Cheers
Art

Much thanks Ruben-

It's a great piece- wish there were more like them in 1/48! I'm liking the chisel idea as well- much easier to control.

I did three items for them, The Quonset hut in 1/48 and 1/72 and a marines hand cart in 1/35. They also wanted a german barrack but it never materialised. Later they stop doing the models.

Some work...been slumping now that school is back in session...and I've been reading more than usual...but this one is nearly done....took these mainly to see where I am at with the figures...got a way to go yet.
Making friends-
100_8190.jpg

Talking shop...
100_8192.jpg

Ike's visiting...
100_8194.jpg

due to a flat.
100_8195.jpg

100_8189.jpg

Started using some of Wilder's stuff on the Hut for weathering...
100_8197.jpg

Well you certainly created yourself a scene didn't you? ;)
And a fine one it is too. :good: :good: :good:
You have given me some ideas for a future project, so thanks (y)

Thanks gents!

I'm nearly there with this one...just need to add a few more figures and then balance out the groundwork a bit...been using the Wilder stuff I won a couple months ago.

Back