• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Unmanned Space Probe Voyager

cb1

Voyager Space Probe by Hasegawa.
"Celebrating 35 years of interstellar exploration.

Development of both Voyager probes began in the early 1970s. Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 were designed to collect data about the outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune). One important discovery was the first detailed pictures of the outer planets. Nearly 35 years after they were first launched, each probe continues to transmit important scientific data on the outer limits of our solar system to NASA®. Kit features all-new tooling, parts for a globe-style display stand and marking options for both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2."

voyager.jpg

voyager1.jpg

Well, this was a very nice kit, parts fit perfectly when they were not snapping in half! LOL
Some of this fit so well that it could have been a snap tight kit.

well, anyways, I tried my best to do it justice, especially painting the long antenna boom. That I messed up in building, I followed the instructions and still managed to "un twist" the twist in the boom. I could have bought the etched brass set for this but it cost more than the kit! LOL

I like it, it looks good hanging in the garage. I de-chromed the little alien dude and painted him like a "grey". He looks like he is giving voyager the finger. LOL

Someday I will get this again and do it better. I recommend it but that etched brass kit just may be worth the price for that antenna boom.

Oh that's so cool! I remember the launch of both of them, If I remember correctly Voyager II was launched before Voyager I.

So do they have markings for V'ger? :rotf

Thanks Chris, nice job (y)

Back